Dr. Conrad Murray's Lawyers to Request Access to Michael Jackson's Fluid Samples
Lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray will ask a judge for permission to access fluid samples taken from his late patient Michael Jackson - in a bid to aid the medic's defense in his involuntary manslaughter case.
The embattled medic, who was the "Thriller" star's personal physician at the time of his death, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter amid accusations he administered the powerful anesthetic that killed the singer in June 2009.
According to the Los Angeles County Coroner's report, Jackson died of acute Propofol intoxication. Murray is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, August 23, where Judge Michael Pastor is expected to set a preliminary hearing date.
And according to TMZ.com, his lawyers will use the court session to request an order allowing them to re-test fluid samples to determine the level of the Propofol found in Jackson's body. A source tells the website the Coroner has fluid samples which have been preserved.
More Michael Jackson News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert