Taylor Momsen: I Wasn't Insulting Rihanna
Actress/singer Taylor Momsen is making amends with Rihanna after reportedly slamming her for wearing leather jackets, insisting she didn't mean to insult the pop star. The "Gossip Girl" actress hit the headlines after discussing the "Umbrella" hitmaker's edgy fashion choice during a conversation about the differences between hard rock and chart-topping tracks.
She was quoted as saying, "People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing f**king leather jackets, and it's really annoying." But the 17-year-old actress/singer is adamant she never meant to cause offense to the Bajan beauty.
Momsen tells Britain's T4, "First of all I'd like to say that quote was spun... it's a misquote. I was arguing the difference between rock versus pop and it's a very pop-oriented world at the moment. There is no rock and the people who dress or have guitars in their music... (for) audiences that's the closest thing they have to rock right now."
"We're looking to bring back a real rock band and Rihanna - I wasn't insulting Rihanna. Rihanna's great. (Eminem collaboration 'Love the Way You Lie') is awesome. That's a great song."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival