Taylor Momsen: I Wasn't Insulting Rihanna
Actress/singer Taylor Momsen is making amends with Rihanna after reportedly slamming her for wearing leather jackets, insisting she didn't mean to insult the pop star. The "Gossip Girl" actress hit the headlines after discussing the "Umbrella" hitmaker's edgy fashion choice during a conversation about the differences between hard rock and chart-topping tracks.
She was quoted as saying, "People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing f**king leather jackets, and it's really annoying." But the 17-year-old actress/singer is adamant she never meant to cause offense to the Bajan beauty.
Momsen tells Britain's T4, "First of all I'd like to say that quote was spun... it's a misquote. I was arguing the difference between rock versus pop and it's a very pop-oriented world at the moment. There is no rock and the people who dress or have guitars in their music... (for) audiences that's the closest thing they have to rock right now."
"We're looking to bring back a real rock band and Rihanna - I wasn't insulting Rihanna. Rihanna's great. (Eminem collaboration 'Love the Way You Lie') is awesome. That's a great song."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role