Taylor Momsen: I Wasn't Insulting Rihanna
Actress/singer Taylor Momsen is making amends with Rihanna after reportedly slamming her for wearing leather jackets, insisting she didn't mean to insult the pop star. The "Gossip Girl" actress hit the headlines after discussing the "Umbrella" hitmaker's edgy fashion choice during a conversation about the differences between hard rock and chart-topping tracks.
She was quoted as saying, "People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing f**king leather jackets, and it's really annoying." But the 17-year-old actress/singer is adamant she never meant to cause offense to the Bajan beauty.
Momsen tells Britain's T4, "First of all I'd like to say that quote was spun... it's a misquote. I was arguing the difference between rock versus pop and it's a very pop-oriented world at the moment. There is no rock and the people who dress or have guitars in their music... (for) audiences that's the closest thing they have to rock right now."
"We're looking to bring back a real rock band and Rihanna - I wasn't insulting Rihanna. Rihanna's great. (Eminem collaboration 'Love the Way You Lie') is awesome. That's a great song."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support