Taylor Momsen: I Wasn't Insulting Rihanna
Actress/singer Taylor Momsen is making amends with Rihanna after reportedly slamming her for wearing leather jackets, insisting she didn't mean to insult the pop star. The "Gossip Girl" actress hit the headlines after discussing the "Umbrella" hitmaker's edgy fashion choice during a conversation about the differences between hard rock and chart-topping tracks.
She was quoted as saying, "People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing f**king leather jackets, and it's really annoying." But the 17-year-old actress/singer is adamant she never meant to cause offense to the Bajan beauty.
Momsen tells Britain's T4, "First of all I'd like to say that quote was spun... it's a misquote. I was arguing the difference between rock versus pop and it's a very pop-oriented world at the moment. There is no rock and the people who dress or have guitars in their music... (for) audiences that's the closest thing they have to rock right now."
"We're looking to bring back a real rock band and Rihanna - I wasn't insulting Rihanna. Rihanna's great. (Eminem collaboration 'Love the Way You Lie') is awesome. That's a great song."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage