Taylor Momsen: I Wasn't Insulting Rihanna
Actress/singer Taylor Momsen is making amends with Rihanna after reportedly slamming her for wearing leather jackets, insisting she didn't mean to insult the pop star. The "Gossip Girl" actress hit the headlines after discussing the "Umbrella" hitmaker's edgy fashion choice during a conversation about the differences between hard rock and chart-topping tracks.
She was quoted as saying, "People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing f**king leather jackets, and it's really annoying." But the 17-year-old actress/singer is adamant she never meant to cause offense to the Bajan beauty.
Momsen tells Britain's T4, "First of all I'd like to say that quote was spun... it's a misquote. I was arguing the difference between rock versus pop and it's a very pop-oriented world at the moment. There is no rock and the people who dress or have guitars in their music... (for) audiences that's the closest thing they have to rock right now."
"We're looking to bring back a real rock band and Rihanna - I wasn't insulting Rihanna. Rihanna's great. (Eminem collaboration 'Love the Way You Lie') is awesome. That's a great song."
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'