Fantasia Barrino Admits She Was Determined to End Her Life
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has denied speculation her suicide attempt was a cry for help, insisting "I wanted out." The "American Idol" star was hospitalized for a drug overdose in early August after she became caught up in divorce proceedings between North Carolina couple Antwaun Cook and his estranged wife Paula.
She had swallowed a mixture of aspirin and sleeping pills but survived the scare, and has now spoken out to insist the incident was not an accident and that she was determined to end her life. Barrino tells music channel VH1, "I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out. At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with - all of it, all of that s**t."
"I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."
Barrino was accused of breaking up the Cooks' marriage after Paula Cook accused her of having an affair with Antwaun. She has admitted dating him "off and on for 11 months" but is adamant she thought he was single.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection