Fantasia Barrino Admits She Was Determined to End Her Life
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has denied speculation her suicide attempt was a cry for help, insisting "I wanted out." The "American Idol" star was hospitalized for a drug overdose in early August after she became caught up in divorce proceedings between North Carolina couple Antwaun Cook and his estranged wife Paula.
She had swallowed a mixture of aspirin and sleeping pills but survived the scare, and has now spoken out to insist the incident was not an accident and that she was determined to end her life. Barrino tells music channel VH1, "I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out. At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with - all of it, all of that s**t."
"I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."
Barrino was accused of breaking up the Cooks' marriage after Paula Cook accused her of having an affair with Antwaun. She has admitted dating him "off and on for 11 months" but is adamant she thought he was single.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie