Tyler Perry Is Ready to Quit 'Madea'
Funnyman Tyler Perry can't wait to retire his movie matriarch "Madea", insisting he "doesn't get" what audiences love about her. The actor shot to fame as the sharp-tongued grandmother in movies including "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" and "Madea Goes to Jail" - but he admits he's ready to quit cross-dressing for the role.
He says, "I resented the fact that she became so famous and so many people loved her, because I just didn't get it, and I did not get her. But these days grandmothers are much younger, and much busier. Back in the day, there were grandmothers who would be there for you, give you counsel, and I think that's what she represents to a lot of people."
"Now I'm at a place where as long as the audience love to see it, I'll do it. But the minute they stop coming - that old broad, she's dead. She's outta here. She is gonna die a quick death."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked