Tyler Perry Is Ready to Quit 'Madea'
Funnyman Tyler Perry can't wait to retire his movie matriarch "Madea", insisting he "doesn't get" what audiences love about her. The actor shot to fame as the sharp-tongued grandmother in movies including "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" and "Madea Goes to Jail" - but he admits he's ready to quit cross-dressing for the role.
He says, "I resented the fact that she became so famous and so many people loved her, because I just didn't get it, and I did not get her. But these days grandmothers are much younger, and much busier. Back in the day, there were grandmothers who would be there for you, give you counsel, and I think that's what she represents to a lot of people."
"Now I'm at a place where as long as the audience love to see it, I'll do it. But the minute they stop coming - that old broad, she's dead. She's outta here. She is gonna die a quick death."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby