Tyler Perry Is Ready to Quit 'Madea'
Funnyman Tyler Perry can't wait to retire his movie matriarch "Madea", insisting he "doesn't get" what audiences love about her. The actor shot to fame as the sharp-tongued grandmother in movies including "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" and "Madea Goes to Jail" - but he admits he's ready to quit cross-dressing for the role.
He says, "I resented the fact that she became so famous and so many people loved her, because I just didn't get it, and I did not get her. But these days grandmothers are much younger, and much busier. Back in the day, there were grandmothers who would be there for you, give you counsel, and I think that's what she represents to a lot of people."
"Now I'm at a place where as long as the audience love to see it, I'll do it. But the minute they stop coming - that old broad, she's dead. She's outta here. She is gonna die a quick death."
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels