Kathryn Joosten Wants Smoking Disclaimer on 'Mad Men'
Two-time cancer survivor Kathryn Joosten is calling for "Mad Men" bosses to air a warning about the hazards of smoking before characters light up on the hit drama. The "Desperate Housewives" star stamped out her 45-year smoking habit in 2001 after she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She was told she had the deadly disease again last year and underwent surgery before being declared cancer-free in January.
The 70-year-old star admits she's worried that the characters in "Mad Men", about the advertising industry in 1960s New York, set a bad example for viewers by frequently puffing away on cigarettes. And the actress is urging producers to address the issue with an official caution.
She tells E! Online, "I think they should at least have a disclaimer at the front of the show saying smoking is relevant to the time and place with the subject matter we're dealing with and it is not recommended because it causes cancer. They should at least do that."
Joosten also wants TV executives to pay for annual chest X-rays "for any member of the cast and crew who wants one".
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway