Salma Hayek Says Filming 'Grown Ups' a Little Bit Scary
Salma Hayek felt intimidated while filming "Grown Ups" - because her kings of comedy co-stars Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Kevin James improvised entire scenes. The actress plays Sandler's wife in the new movie and insists she was blown away by the ad-libbing skills of her cast mates, including funnymen David Spade and Rob Schneider.
But she admits it took her some practice before she could make her own contributions on the spot. She tells British news show GMTV, "The script was very funny but when you get all these comedians (and jokes are) what they do for a living, they can't help themselves."
"It was a little bit scary at the beginning because it wasn't like a little bit of improvisation, they would have one joke in the script and they would do it without cutting like 10, 12 different ways. You didn't even know when it was your turn to speak!" She goes on sharing, "I felt a little bit of pressure because you think, 'Am I supposed to be doing that too?' So at the beginning it was intimidating but they were so nice that they just made you feel like part of the group. And later we were all improvising and it was really a blast."
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory