Matthew Newton Is Accused of Attacking Girlfriend
"Transformers" star Rachael Taylor has applied for a court order against her boyfriend Matthew Newton, accusing the troubled actor of "unprovoked violent assaults". Just one day after Newton checked into rehab in Australia for the second time this year, the actress has taken out an apprehended violence order (AVO) against the star.
She alleges she was the victim of two "gravely serious" attacks at the hands of the "Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities" actor while they were vacationing together in Rome, Italy earlier August. Taylor is believed to have sustained injuries to her face and body during a public altercation in a hotel foyer in the city.
According to legal documents obtained by Sydney's Daily Telegraph, the AVO alleges the 26 year old fears "for her personal safety, well being and security following events both in Australia and while on a recent holiday in Rome, Italy." It is additionally stated, "This action follows a series of gravely serious incidents, including and not limited to two unprovoked violent assaults, which (she claims) occurred on the 13th and 14th August, 2010, while Ms Taylor was in Rome."
A statement from Taylor reads, "After much consideration and struggle I have made this personal decision to send a clear public message that violence, threats, abuse and intimidation are not acceptable and should be dealt with by the full capacity of the law."
Newton was due to begin hosting Australia's "The X Factor" but pulled out on Sunday, August 22 to focus on his treatment. He previously checked into a rehab center in Melbourne in April to seek help for alcohol abuse after he was accused of trashing a hotel room in the city where he was staying with Taylor.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'