Matthew Newton Is Accused of Attacking Girlfriend
"Transformers" star Rachael Taylor has applied for a court order against her boyfriend Matthew Newton, accusing the troubled actor of "unprovoked violent assaults". Just one day after Newton checked into rehab in Australia for the second time this year, the actress has taken out an apprehended violence order (AVO) against the star.
She alleges she was the victim of two "gravely serious" attacks at the hands of the "Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities" actor while they were vacationing together in Rome, Italy earlier August. Taylor is believed to have sustained injuries to her face and body during a public altercation in a hotel foyer in the city.
According to legal documents obtained by Sydney's Daily Telegraph, the AVO alleges the 26 year old fears "for her personal safety, well being and security following events both in Australia and while on a recent holiday in Rome, Italy." It is additionally stated, "This action follows a series of gravely serious incidents, including and not limited to two unprovoked violent assaults, which (she claims) occurred on the 13th and 14th August, 2010, while Ms Taylor was in Rome."
A statement from Taylor reads, "After much consideration and struggle I have made this personal decision to send a clear public message that violence, threats, abuse and intimidation are not acceptable and should be dealt with by the full capacity of the law."
Newton was due to begin hosting Australia's "The X Factor" but pulled out on Sunday, August 22 to focus on his treatment. He previously checked into a rehab center in Melbourne in April to seek help for alcohol abuse after he was accused of trashing a hotel room in the city where he was staying with Taylor.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?