Elly Jackson of La Roux Pays Tribute to Tragic Charles Haddon at England Gig
La Roux star Elly Jackson dedicated the band's performance at the V Festival in England on Saturday, August 21 to tragic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool frontman Charles Haddon, who committed suicide the night before. Haddon, who fell to his death from a satellite mast backstage at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium, had formerly toured with La Roux.
Jackson halted her Stafford concert to tell fans, "Yesterday a friend of ours died. His name was Charlie and he was from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. They supported us on tour, and he died yesterday at Pukkelpop. So the whole of the set is for him really. Can we have a big hand for Charlie please?"
The full details of Haddon's death have still not been revealed, but reports suggest he was left devastated after injuring a fan by jumping into the crowd at Pukkelpop. A statement from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, released on Saturday, reads "We are all so deeply saddened to confirm that our friend Charlie Haddon passed away yesterday, Friday 20th August."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child