Elly Jackson of La Roux Pays Tribute to Tragic Charles Haddon at England Gig
La Roux star Elly Jackson dedicated the band's performance at the V Festival in England on Saturday, August 21 to tragic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool frontman Charles Haddon, who committed suicide the night before. Haddon, who fell to his death from a satellite mast backstage at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium, had formerly toured with La Roux.
Jackson halted her Stafford concert to tell fans, "Yesterday a friend of ours died. His name was Charlie and he was from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. They supported us on tour, and he died yesterday at Pukkelpop. So the whole of the set is for him really. Can we have a big hand for Charlie please?"
The full details of Haddon's death have still not been revealed, but reports suggest he was left devastated after injuring a fan by jumping into the crowd at Pukkelpop. A statement from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, released on Saturday, reads "We are all so deeply saddened to confirm that our friend Charlie Haddon passed away yesterday, Friday 20th August."
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors