Elly Jackson of La Roux Pays Tribute to Tragic Charles Haddon at England Gig
La Roux star Elly Jackson dedicated the band's performance at the V Festival in England on Saturday, August 21 to tragic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool frontman Charles Haddon, who committed suicide the night before. Haddon, who fell to his death from a satellite mast backstage at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium, had formerly toured with La Roux.
Jackson halted her Stafford concert to tell fans, "Yesterday a friend of ours died. His name was Charlie and he was from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. They supported us on tour, and he died yesterday at Pukkelpop. So the whole of the set is for him really. Can we have a big hand for Charlie please?"
The full details of Haddon's death have still not been revealed, but reports suggest he was left devastated after injuring a fan by jumping into the crowd at Pukkelpop. A statement from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, released on Saturday, reads "We are all so deeply saddened to confirm that our friend Charlie Haddon passed away yesterday, Friday 20th August."
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts