Elly Jackson of La Roux Pays Tribute to Tragic Charles Haddon at England Gig
La Roux star Elly Jackson dedicated the band's performance at the V Festival in England on Saturday, August 21 to tragic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool frontman Charles Haddon, who committed suicide the night before. Haddon, who fell to his death from a satellite mast backstage at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium, had formerly toured with La Roux.
Jackson halted her Stafford concert to tell fans, "Yesterday a friend of ours died. His name was Charlie and he was from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. They supported us on tour, and he died yesterday at Pukkelpop. So the whole of the set is for him really. Can we have a big hand for Charlie please?"
The full details of Haddon's death have still not been revealed, but reports suggest he was left devastated after injuring a fan by jumping into the crowd at Pukkelpop. A statement from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, released on Saturday, reads "We are all so deeply saddened to confirm that our friend Charlie Haddon passed away yesterday, Friday 20th August."
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'