Elly Jackson of La Roux Pays Tribute to Tragic Charles Haddon at England Gig
La Roux star Elly Jackson dedicated the band's performance at the V Festival in England on Saturday, August 21 to tragic Ou Est Le Swimming Pool frontman Charles Haddon, who committed suicide the night before. Haddon, who fell to his death from a satellite mast backstage at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium, had formerly toured with La Roux.
Jackson halted her Stafford concert to tell fans, "Yesterday a friend of ours died. His name was Charlie and he was from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. They supported us on tour, and he died yesterday at Pukkelpop. So the whole of the set is for him really. Can we have a big hand for Charlie please?"
The full details of Haddon's death have still not been revealed, but reports suggest he was left devastated after injuring a fan by jumping into the crowd at Pukkelpop. A statement from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, released on Saturday, reads "We are all so deeply saddened to confirm that our friend Charlie Haddon passed away yesterday, Friday 20th August."
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!