Lily Allen Blasts Simon Cowell and 'Scripted' 'X Factor'
Lily Allen won't be tuning in to Simon Cowell's U.K. TV show "The X Factor" this year - she's attacked the talent contest and the music mogul in a series of online rants. The hugely popular series returned to the small screen in Britain on Saturday, August 21 night and attracted huge viewing figures.
But the "Smile" hitmaker has made it clear she is not fond of Cowell's grip on the TV music competition genre - insisting the program embodies everything "I detest about modern western culture." On her Twitter.com page, Allen writes, "X factor - FAIL. Too set up/scripted in my humble opinion. I don't know how Simon Cowell has managed to get away with essentially copywriting (sic) the talent contest. It's beyond me, really."
And when one fan questioned her opinion, she angrily replied, "It's s**t. FACT! It's everything that I detest about modern western culture. Cowell is the only one who really benefits. People like you EAT IT UP."
Another follower asked if Allen's hatred of the show stems from not being asked to sit on the judging panel, alongside her former celebrity enemy Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh, as well as Cowell. She wrote, "I'd rather actually eat my own c**p, than sit next to any of those goons. Except Cheryl, obvs (obviously). I've better things to do with my time than feed the nation with the notion that doing cover versions will sort your life out."
Allen and Cole enjoyed a war of words through the press several years ago after Allen branded the singer's estranged husband Ashley Cole "horrendous" and called her bandmate Nicola Roberts "the ugly one" in her group, Girls Aloud.
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set