Kasabian Taking Hiatus, Frontman Goes Solo
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan is planning to go solo while his bandmates take a break from touring to spend time with their children. The "Shoot the Runner" hitmakers played their final show for 12 months at the V music festival in Essex, England on Sunday, August 22 and were intent on going out with a bang.
Meighan told Britain's News of the World, "It will be good to bow out at V. After tonight we are taking some time off... we are going to have a proper tear-up. V is such a major festival so it's emotional for us. The gigs are great but we've worked so hard. It's the traveling that gets you. You have to look after yourself. We have been to so many countries, you forget where you are. It wears you down."
And Meighan reveals he will be working on independent music projects while his fellow members take a break to stay at home with their families - because he's not ready to become a parent like the band's guitarists Serge Pizzorno and Chris Edwards.
He adds, "We are a super-tight rock band and we will be back in the studio before long. I will do something musically in between. And I'm thinking of doing a TV documentary - I am just going to see what comes up."
"Serge is doing great and our bass player Chris Edwards had a baby as well. I'm the only one left without anyone but I'm not ready to be a dad. We have got the break after today mainly so the guys can see their families."
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef