Kasabian Taking Hiatus, Frontman Goes Solo
Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan is planning to go solo while his bandmates take a break from touring to spend time with their children. The "Shoot the Runner" hitmakers played their final show for 12 months at the V music festival in Essex, England on Sunday, August 22 and were intent on going out with a bang.
Meighan told Britain's News of the World, "It will be good to bow out at V. After tonight we are taking some time off... we are going to have a proper tear-up. V is such a major festival so it's emotional for us. The gigs are great but we've worked so hard. It's the traveling that gets you. You have to look after yourself. We have been to so many countries, you forget where you are. It wears you down."
And Meighan reveals he will be working on independent music projects while his fellow members take a break to stay at home with their families - because he's not ready to become a parent like the band's guitarists Serge Pizzorno and Chris Edwards.
He adds, "We are a super-tight rock band and we will be back in the studio before long. I will do something musically in between. And I'm thinking of doing a TV documentary - I am just going to see what comes up."
"Serge is doing great and our bass player Chris Edwards had a baby as well. I'm the only one left without anyone but I'm not ready to be a dad. We have got the break after today mainly so the guys can see their families."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7