Lisa Marie Presley Fires Employees for Not Signing Privacy Contracts
Lisa Marie Presley is demanding staff at her new English estate sign strict privacy contracts - and has already fired two employees for refusing to do so, according to a U.K. report. Elvis Presley's daughter drew up the confidentiality agreement to prevent 'leaks' about her private life after she hit the headlines in Britain following her move into the town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, on Tuesday, August 17.
The six-page document bans staff and their relatives from discussing details of the building, furnishings, and decor, including photos or mementos related to Presley's relatives. And Presley is determined to retain her privacy - she immediately dismissed two cleaners who asked to first take legal advice.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "It was like they were being asked to sign the Official Secrets Act. It was way over the top and they felt it was a total infringement of their human rights. "Staff could not speak to their husbands, wives or even their grandchildren about what they did."
Presley reportedly picked the British town because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex - where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout follower of the religion.
More Lisa Marie Presley News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift