Carrie Underwood Had Big Problem With Personal Space
Newlywed country star Carrie Underwood has revealed she used to suffer panic attacks in crowded shopping malls and elevators. The "Jesus Take the Wheel" singer, who recently revealed she likes to shop for groceries in empty supermarkets at midnight, admits she used to have a big problem with personal space when she was a teenager growing up in Checotah, Oklahoma.
She tells WebMD the Magazine, "I'm a big personal space person. You know, if you go to the restroom, you use the stall that's not near anybody. Or if you're in the gym, you go to the treadmill where there's space in between you. And it seemed like in crowded situations like that, people would just completely violate your personal space."
She tells the publication that Christmas shopping was "my worst nightmare" and reveals she still has moments when crowded elevators make her start sweating - like one that took place just a day before her interview.
She explains, "Every floor we stopped on, we'd cram more people in, and by the time we were done, there was just a ton of people. So I start thinking about all the bad things that can happen, and I'm like, 'I've got to get off the elevator, I need to get off the elevator.' I was just like, 'No more stops, please, no more stops!' "
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?