Carrie Underwood Had Big Problem With Personal Space
Newlywed country star Carrie Underwood has revealed she used to suffer panic attacks in crowded shopping malls and elevators. The "Jesus Take the Wheel" singer, who recently revealed she likes to shop for groceries in empty supermarkets at midnight, admits she used to have a big problem with personal space when she was a teenager growing up in Checotah, Oklahoma.
She tells WebMD the Magazine, "I'm a big personal space person. You know, if you go to the restroom, you use the stall that's not near anybody. Or if you're in the gym, you go to the treadmill where there's space in between you. And it seemed like in crowded situations like that, people would just completely violate your personal space."
She tells the publication that Christmas shopping was "my worst nightmare" and reveals she still has moments when crowded elevators make her start sweating - like one that took place just a day before her interview.
She explains, "Every floor we stopped on, we'd cram more people in, and by the time we were done, there was just a ton of people. So I start thinking about all the bad things that can happen, and I'm like, 'I've got to get off the elevator, I need to get off the elevator.' I was just like, 'No more stops, please, no more stops!' "
More Carrie Underwood News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation