Ou Est Le Swimming Pool's Frontman Took His Own Life After Pukkelpop Festival
Charles Haddon, the frontman of acclaimed British band Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, has committed suicide. Dutch website Parool.nl reports the singer/songwriter took his own life after performing at Belgium's Pukkelpop festival on Friday, August 20.
He reportedly killed himself by climbing to the top of a satellite mast in a backstage parking area and jumping off. The tragedy has been confirmed by festival organizers, who staged a press conference late on Friday, August 20.
It's the second tragedy of the event - The Call's Michael Been suffered a heart attack backstage at Pukkelpop and died on Thursday, August 19. Haddon was in the middle of a European festival tour with his London-based trio.
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool is an English synthpop duo from Camden, Lonson. They have released three singles to date, with an album to follow in October 2010. They outed their debut single "Dance the Way I Feel" in 2009.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!