Ou Est Le Swimming Pool's Frontman Took His Own Life After Pukkelpop Festival
Charles Haddon, the frontman of acclaimed British band Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, has committed suicide. Dutch website Parool.nl reports the singer/songwriter took his own life after performing at Belgium's Pukkelpop festival on Friday, August 20.
He reportedly killed himself by climbing to the top of a satellite mast in a backstage parking area and jumping off. The tragedy has been confirmed by festival organizers, who staged a press conference late on Friday, August 20.
It's the second tragedy of the event - The Call's Michael Been suffered a heart attack backstage at Pukkelpop and died on Thursday, August 19. Haddon was in the middle of a European festival tour with his London-based trio.
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool is an English synthpop duo from Camden, Lonson. They have released three singles to date, with an album to follow in October 2010. They outed their debut single "Dance the Way I Feel" in 2009.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'