Concertgoer Commits Suicide During Swell Season's Show
Folk rockers Swell Season's Thursday night, August 19 concert in Saratoga, California ended in tragedy when a concertgoer jumped to his death during the show. Oscar winners Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, the stars of hit film "Once", and hundreds of their fans were left horrified as the unnamed man took his own life by diving from the roof of the venue to the stage below during the Mountain Winery concert.
Hansard had just finished performing a song and was talking to the crowd when the man jumped, falling three stories through lighting rigs. The Irish singer/songwriter promptly halted the show and walked over to the man on the stage while medics attempted to revive him.
A statement from Hansard and his band reads, "The band, crew and all involved with them are shocked and saddened by the unfortunate events of last night. Their hearts go out to the victim and his friends and family."
Local reports suggest the unidentified fan agreed to accompany a friend to the show but left his seat after the first song. The incident is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Aftermath of Concertgoer's Suicide:
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel