Concertgoer Commits Suicide During Swell Season's Show
Folk rockers Swell Season's Thursday night, August 19 concert in Saratoga, California ended in tragedy when a concertgoer jumped to his death during the show. Oscar winners Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, the stars of hit film "Once", and hundreds of their fans were left horrified as the unnamed man took his own life by diving from the roof of the venue to the stage below during the Mountain Winery concert.
Hansard had just finished performing a song and was talking to the crowd when the man jumped, falling three stories through lighting rigs. The Irish singer/songwriter promptly halted the show and walked over to the man on the stage while medics attempted to revive him.
A statement from Hansard and his band reads, "The band, crew and all involved with them are shocked and saddened by the unfortunate events of last night. Their hearts go out to the victim and his friends and family."
Local reports suggest the unidentified fan agreed to accompany a friend to the show but left his seat after the first song. The incident is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Aftermath of Concertgoer's Suicide:
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill