Concertgoer Commits Suicide During Swell Season's Show
Folk rockers Swell Season's Thursday night, August 19 concert in Saratoga, California ended in tragedy when a concertgoer jumped to his death during the show. Oscar winners Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, the stars of hit film "Once", and hundreds of their fans were left horrified as the unnamed man took his own life by diving from the roof of the venue to the stage below during the Mountain Winery concert.
Hansard had just finished performing a song and was talking to the crowd when the man jumped, falling three stories through lighting rigs. The Irish singer/songwriter promptly halted the show and walked over to the man on the stage while medics attempted to revive him.
A statement from Hansard and his band reads, "The band, crew and all involved with them are shocked and saddened by the unfortunate events of last night. Their hearts go out to the victim and his friends and family."
Local reports suggest the unidentified fan agreed to accompany a friend to the show but left his seat after the first song. The incident is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Aftermath of Concertgoer's Suicide:
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'