Concertgoer Commits Suicide During Swell Season's Show
Folk rockers Swell Season's Thursday night, August 19 concert in Saratoga, California ended in tragedy when a concertgoer jumped to his death during the show. Oscar winners Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, the stars of hit film "Once", and hundreds of their fans were left horrified as the unnamed man took his own life by diving from the roof of the venue to the stage below during the Mountain Winery concert.
Hansard had just finished performing a song and was talking to the crowd when the man jumped, falling three stories through lighting rigs. The Irish singer/songwriter promptly halted the show and walked over to the man on the stage while medics attempted to revive him.
A statement from Hansard and his band reads, "The band, crew and all involved with them are shocked and saddened by the unfortunate events of last night. Their hearts go out to the victim and his friends and family."
Local reports suggest the unidentified fan agreed to accompany a friend to the show but left his seat after the first song. The incident is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Aftermath of Concertgoer's Suicide:
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding