Mark Ronson Ditches Wild Lifestyle Over Fear of Becoming Tabloid Mockery
Superproducer Mark Ronson has quit partying over fears his wild lifestyle was turning him into a tabloid mockery. The Grammy Award-winning DJ shot to fame working with British singer Lily Allen and producing Amy Winehouse's global smash hit album "Back to Black" and he quickly became a regular in the gossip columns with his playboy lifestyle.
He says, "I look back at pictures of me from that time, I simply do not recognize myself. I'd go out for a beer after a gig and my photo would be everywhere the next day. I was associated with Amy and Lily Allen because I'd worked with both of them... It must have looked like I was living this vapid lifestyle and just getting wasted every night."
Ronson's notoriety in the press gathered pace when he began dating teenage supermodel Daisy Lowe, 13 years his junior, in 2008, and the star admits he was eventually forced to re-evaluate his life and take a step out of the spotlight.
He says, "Daisy is really sweet, but I look back and realize I was turning into a cliche. At one point, it seemed normal to be in the papers every day. But that's not normal for me. I'm a DJ and producer, I'm supposed to be one of the indoor kids..."
"I've scaled back on the smoking and drinking. It's fun to have a beer but drinking Jack Daniel's before going on stage is a recipe for disaster. I don't miss the partying - I'm getting too much energy from the music I'm making."
More Mark Ronson News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs