Mark Ronson Ditches Wild Lifestyle Over Fear of Becoming Tabloid Mockery
Superproducer Mark Ronson has quit partying over fears his wild lifestyle was turning him into a tabloid mockery. The Grammy Award-winning DJ shot to fame working with British singer Lily Allen and producing Amy Winehouse's global smash hit album "Back to Black" and he quickly became a regular in the gossip columns with his playboy lifestyle.
He says, "I look back at pictures of me from that time, I simply do not recognize myself. I'd go out for a beer after a gig and my photo would be everywhere the next day. I was associated with Amy and Lily Allen because I'd worked with both of them... It must have looked like I was living this vapid lifestyle and just getting wasted every night."
Ronson's notoriety in the press gathered pace when he began dating teenage supermodel Daisy Lowe, 13 years his junior, in 2008, and the star admits he was eventually forced to re-evaluate his life and take a step out of the spotlight.
He says, "Daisy is really sweet, but I look back and realize I was turning into a cliche. At one point, it seemed normal to be in the papers every day. But that's not normal for me. I'm a DJ and producer, I'm supposed to be one of the indoor kids..."
"I've scaled back on the smoking and drinking. It's fun to have a beer but drinking Jack Daniel's before going on stage is a recipe for disaster. I don't miss the partying - I'm getting too much energy from the music I'm making."
More Mark Ronson News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'