The Killers Devastated After Snubbed Over Paul McCartney-Honoring Gig
Rockers The Killers were convinced they had been snubbed by U.S. President Barack Obama after a mix-up over the date of their White House concert. The "Mr. Brightside" hitmakers believed they had been asked to play at an event honoring Sir Paul McCartney in Washington, D.C. in June, but frontman Brandon Flowers began to worry as the big day approached and they still hadn't received their official invite.
They ended up watching the event on TV and Flowers admits he felt "devastated" to have missed out on the chance to meet the American leader, until a few days later when the band was officially invited to play at the 4th of July concert instead.
Flowers tells Britain's The Sun, "At first we (thought we) had an invite to play for Paul McCartney as he picked up the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song on June 2. Then the big day came and we hadn't received our invite. We watched the footage of McCartney with Jack White and Dave Grohl, devastated to have missed it."
"A few days later we got the invite for the fourth of July so that's why we missed the other gig..." And the singer admits the mix-up was worth it, because felt honored to perform at the Salute to the Military concert. He adds, "It was a great experience to play for soldiers who had come home to their families on the fourth of July. I'll never forget it. It's one of my proudest moments."
More The Killers News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle