The Killers Devastated After Snubbed Over Paul McCartney-Honoring Gig
Rockers The Killers were convinced they had been snubbed by U.S. President Barack Obama after a mix-up over the date of their White House concert. The "Mr. Brightside" hitmakers believed they had been asked to play at an event honoring Sir Paul McCartney in Washington, D.C. in June, but frontman Brandon Flowers began to worry as the big day approached and they still hadn't received their official invite.
They ended up watching the event on TV and Flowers admits he felt "devastated" to have missed out on the chance to meet the American leader, until a few days later when the band was officially invited to play at the 4th of July concert instead.
Flowers tells Britain's The Sun, "At first we (thought we) had an invite to play for Paul McCartney as he picked up the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song on June 2. Then the big day came and we hadn't received our invite. We watched the footage of McCartney with Jack White and Dave Grohl, devastated to have missed it."
"A few days later we got the invite for the fourth of July so that's why we missed the other gig..." And the singer admits the mix-up was worth it, because felt honored to perform at the Salute to the Military concert. He adds, "It was a great experience to play for soldiers who had come home to their families on the fourth of July. I'll never forget it. It's one of my proudest moments."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard