Clothing Company Asks Madonna Money Over Material Girl
Madonna is facing a lawsuit over her new Material Girl collection - bosses at a clothing company have accused the superstar of stealing the trademark. The pop singer and her daughter Lourdes have released a fashion line for teenagers through Macy's department store, and they have used the title of one of Madonna's most famous songs as the brand name.
However, executives at clothing manufacturer L.A. Triumph, Inc. claim in a lawsuit that the company has been trading under the Material Girl banner since 1997, and insist Madonna's range causes "deception" in the marketplace, according to papers obtained by TMZ.com.
L.A. Triumph bosses have asked a judge to ban Madonna from any further use of the trademark as well as demanding they receive all profits the line has garnered so far, reports the site.
More Madonna News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip