Clothing Company Asks Madonna Money Over Material Girl
Madonna is facing a lawsuit over her new Material Girl collection - bosses at a clothing company have accused the superstar of stealing the trademark. The pop singer and her daughter Lourdes have released a fashion line for teenagers through Macy's department store, and they have used the title of one of Madonna's most famous songs as the brand name.
However, executives at clothing manufacturer L.A. Triumph, Inc. claim in a lawsuit that the company has been trading under the Material Girl banner since 1997, and insist Madonna's range causes "deception" in the marketplace, according to papers obtained by TMZ.com.
L.A. Triumph bosses have asked a judge to ban Madonna from any further use of the trademark as well as demanding they receive all profits the line has garnered so far, reports the site.
More Madonna News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom