Clothing Company Asks Madonna Money Over Material Girl
Madonna is facing a lawsuit over her new Material Girl collection - bosses at a clothing company have accused the superstar of stealing the trademark. The pop singer and her daughter Lourdes have released a fashion line for teenagers through Macy's department store, and they have used the title of one of Madonna's most famous songs as the brand name.
However, executives at clothing manufacturer L.A. Triumph, Inc. claim in a lawsuit that the company has been trading under the Material Girl banner since 1997, and insist Madonna's range causes "deception" in the marketplace, according to papers obtained by TMZ.com.
L.A. Triumph bosses have asked a judge to ban Madonna from any further use of the trademark as well as demanding they receive all profits the line has garnered so far, reports the site.
More Madonna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!