Clothing Company Asks Madonna Money Over Material Girl
Madonna is facing a lawsuit over her new Material Girl collection - bosses at a clothing company have accused the superstar of stealing the trademark. The pop singer and her daughter Lourdes have released a fashion line for teenagers through Macy's department store, and they have used the title of one of Madonna's most famous songs as the brand name.
However, executives at clothing manufacturer L.A. Triumph, Inc. claim in a lawsuit that the company has been trading under the Material Girl banner since 1997, and insist Madonna's range causes "deception" in the marketplace, according to papers obtained by TMZ.com.
L.A. Triumph bosses have asked a judge to ban Madonna from any further use of the trademark as well as demanding they receive all profits the line has garnered so far, reports the site.
More Madonna News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son