Victoria and David Beckham Cutting Expenses, Laying Down Staff
Victoria Adams and David Beckham have slashed their workforce after the celebrity couple was warned they were wasting huge amounts of money on surplus staff. The former Spice Girl and her soccer superstar husband are estimated to be worth $172 million and have a string of homes around the world, including properties in England, Los Angeles, France and Dubai.
Each of the houses is said to have an independent workforce, but the singer-turned-designer has decided to scale back on number of workers in the couple's employment following a stern warning from an accountant.
According to Britain's The Sun, the couple has dismissed six gardeners from their French chateau, a long term cleaner at their estate in Hertfordshire, England and six chauffeurs. A source tells the publication, "This very no-nonsense accountant gave it to Vic straight and said, 'You can afford to employ all of these people. But why the hell do you?' "
"Once the accountant pointed out that level of staffing was not required Vic pushed the button. There has been a large downsize. David and Victoria are multi-millionaires but that doesn't mean they have to waste money - and they were hemorrhaging it."
More David Beckham News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak