Victoria and David Beckham Cutting Expenses, Laying Down Staff
Victoria Adams and David Beckham have slashed their workforce after the celebrity couple was warned they were wasting huge amounts of money on surplus staff. The former Spice Girl and her soccer superstar husband are estimated to be worth $172 million and have a string of homes around the world, including properties in England, Los Angeles, France and Dubai.
Each of the houses is said to have an independent workforce, but the singer-turned-designer has decided to scale back on number of workers in the couple's employment following a stern warning from an accountant.
According to Britain's The Sun, the couple has dismissed six gardeners from their French chateau, a long term cleaner at their estate in Hertfordshire, England and six chauffeurs. A source tells the publication, "This very no-nonsense accountant gave it to Vic straight and said, 'You can afford to employ all of these people. But why the hell do you?' "
"Once the accountant pointed out that level of staffing was not required Vic pushed the button. There has been a large downsize. David and Victoria are multi-millionaires but that doesn't mean they have to waste money - and they were hemorrhaging it."
More David Beckham News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival