Mike Comrie Kept Engagement Ring for Months Before Proposing to Hilary Duff
Ice hockey star Mike Comrie waited for ages to find the perfect opportunity to propose to Hilary Duff. He'd been carrying the diamond engagement ring he slipped on his new wife's wedding finger for months before he popped the question earlier this year.
The couple announced plans to marry in February after dating for three years, but the singer/actress reveals Canadian Comrie had to guard the large sparkler prior to getting down on bended knee - and she's amazed he didn't lose it. She tells America's OK! magazine, "He said he had it (engagement ring) for about seven or eight months. And while we were in Hawaii, he carried it around because he didn't know when the right time was gonna be. I was like, 'Are you crazy? You've had that ring in your pocket for three days?' No box, nothing!"
But Duff is delighted with her glittering piece of jewelery: "It's very big and sparkly. I was scared to touch it when he showed it to me!" The stars became man and wife during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, California last Saturday, August 14.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked