Mike Comrie Kept Engagement Ring for Months Before Proposing to Hilary Duff
Ice hockey star Mike Comrie waited for ages to find the perfect opportunity to propose to Hilary Duff. He'd been carrying the diamond engagement ring he slipped on his new wife's wedding finger for months before he popped the question earlier this year.
The couple announced plans to marry in February after dating for three years, but the singer/actress reveals Canadian Comrie had to guard the large sparkler prior to getting down on bended knee - and she's amazed he didn't lose it. She tells America's OK! magazine, "He said he had it (engagement ring) for about seven or eight months. And while we were in Hawaii, he carried it around because he didn't know when the right time was gonna be. I was like, 'Are you crazy? You've had that ring in your pocket for three days?' No box, nothing!"
But Duff is delighted with her glittering piece of jewelery: "It's very big and sparkly. I was scared to touch it when he showed it to me!" The stars became man and wife during an intimate ceremony in Santa Barbara, California last Saturday, August 14.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC