'Vampires Suck' Debuts Atop Midweek Box Office List
A movie spoof of the "Twilight" franchise has become a big hit at the U.S. box office - "Vampires Suck" debuted at the top of the midweek box office list, ahead of "The Expendables" and Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love".
The movie, which features Jenn Proske and Matt Lanter as Becca Crane and Edward Sullen, has shot to the top of the film charts, scoring more than $4 million from first-day receipts on Wednesday, August 18. The film will compete with new releases "Lottery Ticket", "The Switch", "Piranha 3-D" and "Nanny McPhee Returns", the "Nanny McPhee" sequel which all launch on Friday, August 20.
However, early indications suggest Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" will stay at the top of the box office charts for a second week.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet