'Vampires Suck' Debuts Atop Midweek Box Office List
A movie spoof of the "Twilight" franchise has become a big hit at the U.S. box office - "Vampires Suck" debuted at the top of the midweek box office list, ahead of "The Expendables" and Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love".
The movie, which features Jenn Proske and Matt Lanter as Becca Crane and Edward Sullen, has shot to the top of the film charts, scoring more than $4 million from first-day receipts on Wednesday, August 18. The film will compete with new releases "Lottery Ticket", "The Switch", "Piranha 3-D" and "Nanny McPhee Returns", the "Nanny McPhee" sequel which all launch on Friday, August 20.
However, early indications suggest Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" will stay at the top of the box office charts for a second week.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die