'Vampires Suck' Debuts Atop Midweek Box Office List
A movie spoof of the "Twilight" franchise has become a big hit at the U.S. box office - "Vampires Suck" debuted at the top of the midweek box office list, ahead of "The Expendables" and Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love".
The movie, which features Jenn Proske and Matt Lanter as Becca Crane and Edward Sullen, has shot to the top of the film charts, scoring more than $4 million from first-day receipts on Wednesday, August 18. The film will compete with new releases "Lottery Ticket", "The Switch", "Piranha 3-D" and "Nanny McPhee Returns", the "Nanny McPhee" sequel which all launch on Friday, August 20.
However, early indications suggest Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" will stay at the top of the box office charts for a second week.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie