'Vampires Suck' Debuts Atop Midweek Box Office List
A movie spoof of the "Twilight" franchise has become a big hit at the U.S. box office - "Vampires Suck" debuted at the top of the midweek box office list, ahead of "The Expendables" and Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love".
The movie, which features Jenn Proske and Matt Lanter as Becca Crane and Edward Sullen, has shot to the top of the film charts, scoring more than $4 million from first-day receipts on Wednesday, August 18. The film will compete with new releases "Lottery Ticket", "The Switch", "Piranha 3-D" and "Nanny McPhee Returns", the "Nanny McPhee" sequel which all launch on Friday, August 20.
However, early indications suggest Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" will stay at the top of the box office charts for a second week.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?