'Vampires Suck' Debuts Atop Midweek Box Office List
A movie spoof of the "Twilight" franchise has become a big hit at the U.S. box office - "Vampires Suck" debuted at the top of the midweek box office list, ahead of "The Expendables" and Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love".
The movie, which features Jenn Proske and Matt Lanter as Becca Crane and Edward Sullen, has shot to the top of the film charts, scoring more than $4 million from first-day receipts on Wednesday, August 18. The film will compete with new releases "Lottery Ticket", "The Switch", "Piranha 3-D" and "Nanny McPhee Returns", the "Nanny McPhee" sequel which all launch on Friday, August 20.
However, early indications suggest Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" will stay at the top of the box office charts for a second week.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split