Jerry O'Connell Stops Nicknaming Twin Daughters After Seeing Anorexic-Twins Documentary
Actor Jerry O'Connell had a parenting wake-up call while he was watching a documentary about anorexic twins because he realized his affectionate terms for his daughters could scar them for life. The former child star and his wife Rebecca Romijn had become accustomed to referring to their twins as "The Big One" and "The Small One" - because one is larger than the other - but a shocking TV special made them rethink their nicknames.
The "Stand by Me" star explains, "I'd be like, 'Hey, Big One, get over here!' Then one night my wife and I were watching a show called 'Intervention' - it was about people who have addiction issues. It was about two twins and they're anorexic twins."
"It's like one was heavier than the other and then she got an eating disorder and they'd try and out-skinny each other. It was awful. I was like, 'Never again. I'll never do it again.' So now I'm like, 'You, the possibly a little bit, teeny bit bigger... ."
More Jerry O'Connell News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order