Jerry O'Connell Stops Nicknaming Twin Daughters After Seeing Anorexic-Twins Documentary
Actor Jerry O'Connell had a parenting wake-up call while he was watching a documentary about anorexic twins because he realized his affectionate terms for his daughters could scar them for life. The former child star and his wife Rebecca Romijn had become accustomed to referring to their twins as "The Big One" and "The Small One" - because one is larger than the other - but a shocking TV special made them rethink their nicknames.
The "Stand by Me" star explains, "I'd be like, 'Hey, Big One, get over here!' Then one night my wife and I were watching a show called 'Intervention' - it was about people who have addiction issues. It was about two twins and they're anorexic twins."
"It's like one was heavier than the other and then she got an eating disorder and they'd try and out-skinny each other. It was awful. I was like, 'Never again. I'll never do it again.' So now I'm like, 'You, the possibly a little bit, teeny bit bigger... ."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung