Nick Cave Outclasses Kylie Minogue in Fantasy Prime Minister Poll
Rocker Nick Cave has outdone his former muse Kylie Minogue by topping a poll of famous Aussies his countrymen want to see installed as prime minister. The former Birthday Party star beat out competition from Minogue, as well as Powderfinger singer Bernard Fanning, musician John Butler, and Barry Humphries' comic creation Dame Edna Everage.
Cave, who duetted with Minogue on his 1995 hit "Where the Wild Roses Grow", tells the Australian Associated Press, "My first political act will be to introduce legislation forcing all Australians to lower their expectations."
More than 30,000 votes were cast in the poll, by MySpace.com, ahead of Australia's federal election on Saturday, August 21.
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer