Nick Cave Outclasses Kylie Minogue in Fantasy Prime Minister Poll
Rocker Nick Cave has outdone his former muse Kylie Minogue by topping a poll of famous Aussies his countrymen want to see installed as prime minister. The former Birthday Party star beat out competition from Minogue, as well as Powderfinger singer Bernard Fanning, musician John Butler, and Barry Humphries' comic creation Dame Edna Everage.
Cave, who duetted with Minogue on his 1995 hit "Where the Wild Roses Grow", tells the Australian Associated Press, "My first political act will be to introduce legislation forcing all Australians to lower their expectations."
More than 30,000 votes were cast in the poll, by MySpace.com, ahead of Australia's federal election on Saturday, August 21.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington