Nick Cave Outclasses Kylie Minogue in Fantasy Prime Minister Poll
Rocker Nick Cave has outdone his former muse Kylie Minogue by topping a poll of famous Aussies his countrymen want to see installed as prime minister. The former Birthday Party star beat out competition from Minogue, as well as Powderfinger singer Bernard Fanning, musician John Butler, and Barry Humphries' comic creation Dame Edna Everage.
Cave, who duetted with Minogue on his 1995 hit "Where the Wild Roses Grow", tells the Australian Associated Press, "My first political act will be to introduce legislation forcing all Australians to lower their expectations."
More than 30,000 votes were cast in the poll, by MySpace.com, ahead of Australia's federal election on Saturday, August 21.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip