Nick Cave Outclasses Kylie Minogue in Fantasy Prime Minister Poll
Rocker Nick Cave has outdone his former muse Kylie Minogue by topping a poll of famous Aussies his countrymen want to see installed as prime minister. The former Birthday Party star beat out competition from Minogue, as well as Powderfinger singer Bernard Fanning, musician John Butler, and Barry Humphries' comic creation Dame Edna Everage.
Cave, who duetted with Minogue on his 1995 hit "Where the Wild Roses Grow", tells the Australian Associated Press, "My first political act will be to introduce legislation forcing all Australians to lower their expectations."
More than 30,000 votes were cast in the poll, by MySpace.com, ahead of Australia's federal election on Saturday, August 21.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns