Nick Cave Outclasses Kylie Minogue in Fantasy Prime Minister Poll
Rocker Nick Cave has outdone his former muse Kylie Minogue by topping a poll of famous Aussies his countrymen want to see installed as prime minister. The former Birthday Party star beat out competition from Minogue, as well as Powderfinger singer Bernard Fanning, musician John Butler, and Barry Humphries' comic creation Dame Edna Everage.
Cave, who duetted with Minogue on his 1995 hit "Where the Wild Roses Grow", tells the Australian Associated Press, "My first political act will be to introduce legislation forcing all Australians to lower their expectations."
More than 30,000 votes were cast in the poll, by MySpace.com, ahead of Australia's federal election on Saturday, August 21.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival