Celebrity Neighbor Inspired Simon Cowell's Showbiz Career
Music mogul Simon Cowell became determined to succeed in show business after he saw Elizabeth Taylor and Robert Mitchum enjoying extravagant parties in a neighbor's garden when he was a child. Cowell achieved global stardom with his hit TV talent shows, including "American Idol" and "The X Factor", and has become one of the most famous names of the entertainment industry in recent years.
Now he has revealed the secret of his success - a burning desire to emulate his childhood neighbor, former head of Warner Bros. in the U.K., Gerry Blatner - who frequently held star-studded parties at his mansion.
Cowell tells Britain's Radio Times magazine, "As a kid, I would look over the fence at this great house and see everyone - Robert Mitchum, Elizabeth Taylor, all these great actors having the time of their lives I remember thinking from a very, very early age, 'God I hope I grow up and have a nice house so I can have parties like that'."
More Simon Cowell News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending