Celebrity Neighbor Inspired Simon Cowell's Showbiz Career
Music mogul Simon Cowell became determined to succeed in show business after he saw Elizabeth Taylor and Robert Mitchum enjoying extravagant parties in a neighbor's garden when he was a child. Cowell achieved global stardom with his hit TV talent shows, including "American Idol" and "The X Factor", and has become one of the most famous names of the entertainment industry in recent years.
Now he has revealed the secret of his success - a burning desire to emulate his childhood neighbor, former head of Warner Bros. in the U.K., Gerry Blatner - who frequently held star-studded parties at his mansion.
Cowell tells Britain's Radio Times magazine, "As a kid, I would look over the fence at this great house and see everyone - Robert Mitchum, Elizabeth Taylor, all these great actors having the time of their lives I remember thinking from a very, very early age, 'God I hope I grow up and have a nice house so I can have parties like that'."
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip