Celebrity Neighbor Inspired Simon Cowell's Showbiz Career
Music mogul Simon Cowell became determined to succeed in show business after he saw Elizabeth Taylor and Robert Mitchum enjoying extravagant parties in a neighbor's garden when he was a child. Cowell achieved global stardom with his hit TV talent shows, including "American Idol" and "The X Factor", and has become one of the most famous names of the entertainment industry in recent years.
Now he has revealed the secret of his success - a burning desire to emulate his childhood neighbor, former head of Warner Bros. in the U.K., Gerry Blatner - who frequently held star-studded parties at his mansion.
Cowell tells Britain's Radio Times magazine, "As a kid, I would look over the fence at this great house and see everyone - Robert Mitchum, Elizabeth Taylor, all these great actors having the time of their lives I remember thinking from a very, very early age, 'God I hope I grow up and have a nice house so I can have parties like that'."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March