Martin Shaw Fell Ill and Fainted on Stage
British actor Martin Shaw shocked theater-goers this week when he collapsed on stage during the latest performance of his play. The 65 year old is currently starring in a production of The Country Girl at the Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury, England, but Wednesday, August 18 show was halted after the TV actor fell ill and fainted.
The curtain was brought down as medics rushed to attend to Shaw, and after 20 minutes the play resumed with an understudy taking the star's place. A representative for the "Judge John Deed" actor has blamed the collapse on Shaw's ongoing medical problems.
The rep told Britain's The Sun, "He passed out because he has a cracked rib, a chest infection and is on antibiotics. He probably shouldn't have been on stage but didn't want to disappoint his fans."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support