Martin Shaw Fell Ill and Fainted on Stage
British actor Martin Shaw shocked theater-goers this week when he collapsed on stage during the latest performance of his play. The 65 year old is currently starring in a production of The Country Girl at the Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury, England, but Wednesday, August 18 show was halted after the TV actor fell ill and fainted.
The curtain was brought down as medics rushed to attend to Shaw, and after 20 minutes the play resumed with an understudy taking the star's place. A representative for the "Judge John Deed" actor has blamed the collapse on Shaw's ongoing medical problems.
The rep told Britain's The Sun, "He passed out because he has a cracked rib, a chest infection and is on antibiotics. He probably shouldn't have been on stage but didn't want to disappoint his fans."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip