Martin Shaw Fell Ill and Fainted on Stage
British actor Martin Shaw shocked theater-goers this week when he collapsed on stage during the latest performance of his play. The 65 year old is currently starring in a production of The Country Girl at the Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury, England, but Wednesday, August 18 show was halted after the TV actor fell ill and fainted.
The curtain was brought down as medics rushed to attend to Shaw, and after 20 minutes the play resumed with an understudy taking the star's place. A representative for the "Judge John Deed" actor has blamed the collapse on Shaw's ongoing medical problems.
The rep told Britain's The Sun, "He passed out because he has a cracked rib, a chest infection and is on antibiotics. He probably shouldn't have been on stage but didn't want to disappoint his fans."
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her