Martin Shaw Fell Ill and Fainted on Stage
British actor Martin Shaw shocked theater-goers this week when he collapsed on stage during the latest performance of his play. The 65 year old is currently starring in a production of The Country Girl at the Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury, England, but Wednesday, August 18 show was halted after the TV actor fell ill and fainted.
The curtain was brought down as medics rushed to attend to Shaw, and after 20 minutes the play resumed with an understudy taking the star's place. A representative for the "Judge John Deed" actor has blamed the collapse on Shaw's ongoing medical problems.
The rep told Britain's The Sun, "He passed out because he has a cracked rib, a chest infection and is on antibiotics. He probably shouldn't have been on stage but didn't want to disappoint his fans."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer