Martin Shaw Fell Ill and Fainted on Stage
British actor Martin Shaw shocked theater-goers this week when he collapsed on stage during the latest performance of his play. The 65 year old is currently starring in a production of The Country Girl at the Severn Theatre in Shrewsbury, England, but Wednesday, August 18 show was halted after the TV actor fell ill and fainted.
The curtain was brought down as medics rushed to attend to Shaw, and after 20 minutes the play resumed with an understudy taking the star's place. A representative for the "Judge John Deed" actor has blamed the collapse on Shaw's ongoing medical problems.
The rep told Britain's The Sun, "He passed out because he has a cracked rib, a chest infection and is on antibiotics. He probably shouldn't have been on stage but didn't want to disappoint his fans."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie