Tia Carrere Finalizes Divorce, Sharing Custody of Daughter With Ex-Husband
"Wayne's World" star Tia Carrere is single again after finalising her divorce from her husband of eight years. The actress filed papers in April, citing irreconcilable differences for the breakdown of her marriage to her second husband, photographer Simon Wakelin.
A judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court finalised their divorce this week, and the former couple will reportedly share custody of their four-year-old daughter, Bianca. Carrere and Wakelin divided up their assets according to their pre-nuptial agreement and the actress also agreed to split the rights to a movie script she is working on, which is due to go into production later this year, reports TMZ.com.
Tia Carrere wed Simon Wakelin on New Year's Eve, December 31 in 2002. When first filing for divorce, she was asking for sole custody of the couple's four-year-old daughter, Bianca. The actress' first marriage to Elie Samaha also ended in divorce after seven years. She split from the producer in 2000.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes