Tia Carrere Finalizes Divorce, Sharing Custody of Daughter With Ex-Husband
"Wayne's World" star Tia Carrere is single again after finalising her divorce from her husband of eight years. The actress filed papers in April, citing irreconcilable differences for the breakdown of her marriage to her second husband, photographer Simon Wakelin.
A judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court finalised their divorce this week, and the former couple will reportedly share custody of their four-year-old daughter, Bianca. Carrere and Wakelin divided up their assets according to their pre-nuptial agreement and the actress also agreed to split the rights to a movie script she is working on, which is due to go into production later this year, reports TMZ.com.
Tia Carrere wed Simon Wakelin on New Year's Eve, December 31 in 2002. When first filing for divorce, she was asking for sole custody of the couple's four-year-old daughter, Bianca. The actress' first marriage to Elie Samaha also ended in divorce after seven years. She split from the producer in 2000.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'