Tia Carrere Finalizes Divorce, Sharing Custody of Daughter With Ex-Husband
"Wayne's World" star Tia Carrere is single again after finalising her divorce from her husband of eight years. The actress filed papers in April, citing irreconcilable differences for the breakdown of her marriage to her second husband, photographer Simon Wakelin.
A judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court finalised their divorce this week, and the former couple will reportedly share custody of their four-year-old daughter, Bianca. Carrere and Wakelin divided up their assets according to their pre-nuptial agreement and the actress also agreed to split the rights to a movie script she is working on, which is due to go into production later this year, reports TMZ.com.
Tia Carrere wed Simon Wakelin on New Year's Eve, December 31 in 2002. When first filing for divorce, she was asking for sole custody of the couple's four-year-old daughter, Bianca. The actress' first marriage to Elie Samaha also ended in divorce after seven years. She split from the producer in 2000.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts