Tia Carrere Finalizes Divorce, Sharing Custody of Daughter With Ex-Husband
"Wayne's World" star Tia Carrere is single again after finalising her divorce from her husband of eight years. The actress filed papers in April, citing irreconcilable differences for the breakdown of her marriage to her second husband, photographer Simon Wakelin.
A judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court finalised their divorce this week, and the former couple will reportedly share custody of their four-year-old daughter, Bianca. Carrere and Wakelin divided up their assets according to their pre-nuptial agreement and the actress also agreed to split the rights to a movie script she is working on, which is due to go into production later this year, reports TMZ.com.
Tia Carrere wed Simon Wakelin on New Year's Eve, December 31 in 2002. When first filing for divorce, she was asking for sole custody of the couple's four-year-old daughter, Bianca. The actress' first marriage to Elie Samaha also ended in divorce after seven years. She split from the producer in 2000.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce