Angelina Jolie Splashes $100k for Pakistan Flood Victims
Angelina Jolie is leading donations for the flood relief effort in Pakistan - the superstar has handed over $100,000 of her own money to help those worst affected.
The actress, who is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (U.N.), called for her fans to help raise funds for the Pakistani people whose lives have been devastated by the floods which hit the country last month.
And as the death toll reaches more than 2,000 and fears increase about the spread of water-borne diseases, Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt have donated part of their fortune to help boost aid for the country, according to news agency AFP.
The "Tomb Raider" star frequently gives away money to help others - she donated $1 million to Doctors Without Borders to help earthquake survivors in Haiti earlier this year, as well as handing over $75,000 to build a girls school in Afghanistan.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney