Angelina Jolie Splashes $100k for Pakistan Flood Victims
Angelina Jolie is leading donations for the flood relief effort in Pakistan - the superstar has handed over $100,000 of her own money to help those worst affected.
The actress, who is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (U.N.), called for her fans to help raise funds for the Pakistani people whose lives have been devastated by the floods which hit the country last month.
And as the death toll reaches more than 2,000 and fears increase about the spread of water-borne diseases, Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt have donated part of their fortune to help boost aid for the country, according to news agency AFP.
The "Tomb Raider" star frequently gives away money to help others - she donated $1 million to Doctors Without Borders to help earthquake survivors in Haiti earlier this year, as well as handing over $75,000 to build a girls school in Afghanistan.
More Angelina Jolie News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie