Angelina Jolie Splashes $100k for Pakistan Flood Victims
Angelina Jolie is leading donations for the flood relief effort in Pakistan - the superstar has handed over $100,000 of her own money to help those worst affected.
The actress, who is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations (U.N.), called for her fans to help raise funds for the Pakistani people whose lives have been devastated by the floods which hit the country last month.
And as the death toll reaches more than 2,000 and fears increase about the spread of water-borne diseases, Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt have donated part of their fortune to help boost aid for the country, according to news agency AFP.
The "Tomb Raider" star frequently gives away money to help others - she donated $1 million to Doctors Without Borders to help earthquake survivors in Haiti earlier this year, as well as handing over $75,000 to build a girls school in Afghanistan.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?