Zsa Zsa Gabor 'Doing Better' at Home
Ailing actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is wowing medics in Los Angeles after showing signs of recovering from a broken hip and a string of health problems. The 93-year-old actress returned home from hospital on Monday, August 16 following surgery at the weekend, August 14 to remove two blood clots.
She sparked fears she was on her deathbed after a priest was called to read her Last Rites before she fell into unconsciousness on Monday, August 16. Her longtime representative John Blanchette confirmed Gabor was in "a serious condition" and was being fed through a tube, but it seems she is making some progress as she fights to regain her health.
Blanchette claims she is "eating a little" and "doing better", adding "She is sleeping a lot." And Gabor proved she had not lost her sense of humor, despite her ordeal - poking fun at her husband, Frederic Prinz von Anhalt, and his previous plans to run for Governor of California when Arnold Schwarzenegger's term ends in 2011.
Blanchette says, "She asked Frederic if he was still running for governor." He reveals Gabor's doctor checked up on the movie icon on Tuesday, August 17 and was happy to see the hip replacement was healing well. She is due for another check up in 10 days.
Gabor has been in and out of hospital since July, when she fell and broke her hip while watching TV at home.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt