Video of Joe Perry Knocking Steven Tyler Off Stage Surfaces
Aerosmith's future has been called into question once again after Joe Perry was caught on camera bumping Steven Tyler offstage during a concert in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday night, August 17. Video footage of the incident, which occurred during the band's performance of "Love in an Elevator", has been posted on TMZ.com, showing Perry rocking out on his guitar while standing on the edge of a runway extended from the main stage.
Frontman Tyler can be seen approaching him and lightly bumping Perry, causing him to stumble forward before regaining his balance. Perry then walks up behind Tyler and knocks the singer with his hip, sending him flying face-first into the audience.
Security guards rush to aid the aging rocker as he climbs back to his feet and he is given a helping hand from Perry as he is pulled back on stage, declaring, "That won't be happening again." The duo's unusual behavior has sparked fresh speculation all is not well within the group after a series of issues over the past year.
Trouble began brewing when Tyler unexpectedly quit the band in 2009. The remaining band members decided to audition for a new singer so they could continue plans for a tour and a new album, but Tyler's lawyers blocked the move and he subsequently rejoined them.
However, they were rocked again recently when Tyler admitted he was considering joining the judging panel on hit reality show "American Idol" - a commitment which could put the band on hold for months. His admission prompted Perry to blast the singer for failing to share the news with the rest of the group before going public about the job offer.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign