Video of Joe Perry Knocking Steven Tyler Off Stage Surfaces
Aerosmith's future has been called into question once again after Joe Perry was caught on camera bumping Steven Tyler offstage during a concert in Toronto, Canada on Tuesday night, August 17. Video footage of the incident, which occurred during the band's performance of "Love in an Elevator", has been posted on TMZ.com, showing Perry rocking out on his guitar while standing on the edge of a runway extended from the main stage.
Frontman Tyler can be seen approaching him and lightly bumping Perry, causing him to stumble forward before regaining his balance. Perry then walks up behind Tyler and knocks the singer with his hip, sending him flying face-first into the audience.
Security guards rush to aid the aging rocker as he climbs back to his feet and he is given a helping hand from Perry as he is pulled back on stage, declaring, "That won't be happening again." The duo's unusual behavior has sparked fresh speculation all is not well within the group after a series of issues over the past year.
Trouble began brewing when Tyler unexpectedly quit the band in 2009. The remaining band members decided to audition for a new singer so they could continue plans for a tour and a new album, but Tyler's lawyers blocked the move and he subsequently rejoined them.
However, they were rocked again recently when Tyler admitted he was considering joining the judging panel on hit reality show "American Idol" - a commitment which could put the band on hold for months. His admission prompted Perry to blast the singer for failing to share the news with the rest of the group before going public about the job offer.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences