Heather Morris Was 'Underpaid' as Back-Up Dancer
"Glee" star Heather Morris vowed to hang up her dancing shoes and move into acting after feeling "underpaid" and "under-appreciated". The 23 year old plays ditzy cheerleader Brittany in the hit musical show, but before becoming a series regular she was a back-up dancer for singers including Beyonce Knowles and Tina Turner.
But Morris had her heart set on being center stage as she wasn't getting "anything back" out of her dancing career. She tells the Boston Herald, "You're underpaid. You're under-appreciated. You're kind of just like the end of the stream."
"As much enjoyment (as) I got out of dancing, I felt like I didn't get anything back. I knew there was more that would make me happier, which is exactly what I'm doing."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance