Lindsay Lohan's Father Cleared of Charges Against Ex-Lover
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been cleared over allegations he attacked his ex-fiancee during a heated argument in July. Kate Major, a former tabloid reporter, filed a police complaint with New York authorities on July 19, accusing Michael of reportedly kicking her in the face as she lay on the ground.
Officers from Southampton Police Department launched an investigation into the claim and Michael was hauled into court on Wednesday, August 18 to be arraigned on a charge of harassment in the second degree. But Major told prosecutors she no longer wished to press charges against him and the case against the born-again Christian will be officially dropped if he remains out of trouble for six months. A restraining order obtained by Major after the former couple's fight was also dismissed.
Michael Lohan has apologized to Major and plans to smooth out any differences with her in the near future. He tells E! News, "I wish Kate the best and sorry this ever happened. We have been through a lot together and I hope that we will remain friends. I plan on meeting/talking to her soon to resolve any outstanding issues."
The couple called off its engagement after the reported bust-up.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart