Lindsay Lohan's Father Cleared of Charges Against Ex-Lover
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been cleared over allegations he attacked his ex-fiancee during a heated argument in July. Kate Major, a former tabloid reporter, filed a police complaint with New York authorities on July 19, accusing Michael of reportedly kicking her in the face as she lay on the ground.
Officers from Southampton Police Department launched an investigation into the claim and Michael was hauled into court on Wednesday, August 18 to be arraigned on a charge of harassment in the second degree. But Major told prosecutors she no longer wished to press charges against him and the case against the born-again Christian will be officially dropped if he remains out of trouble for six months. A restraining order obtained by Major after the former couple's fight was also dismissed.
Michael Lohan has apologized to Major and plans to smooth out any differences with her in the near future. He tells E! News, "I wish Kate the best and sorry this ever happened. We have been through a lot together and I hope that we will remain friends. I plan on meeting/talking to her soon to resolve any outstanding issues."
The couple called off its engagement after the reported bust-up.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby