Lindsay Lohan's Father Cleared of Charges Against Ex-Lover
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been cleared over allegations he attacked his ex-fiancee during a heated argument in July. Kate Major, a former tabloid reporter, filed a police complaint with New York authorities on July 19, accusing Michael of reportedly kicking her in the face as she lay on the ground.
Officers from Southampton Police Department launched an investigation into the claim and Michael was hauled into court on Wednesday, August 18 to be arraigned on a charge of harassment in the second degree. But Major told prosecutors she no longer wished to press charges against him and the case against the born-again Christian will be officially dropped if he remains out of trouble for six months. A restraining order obtained by Major after the former couple's fight was also dismissed.
Michael Lohan has apologized to Major and plans to smooth out any differences with her in the near future. He tells E! News, "I wish Kate the best and sorry this ever happened. We have been through a lot together and I hope that we will remain friends. I plan on meeting/talking to her soon to resolve any outstanding issues."
The couple called off its engagement after the reported bust-up.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?