Ernest Borgnine to Land Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award
Movie veteran Ernest Borgnine will be honored with the Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award in January 2011. The Oscar winner will become the 47th star to land the accolade.
A statement from SAG reads, "Ernest Borgnine has performed in more than 200 motion pictures, five television series and dozens of television films and guest appearances." Guild President Ken Howard adds, "Whether portraying brutish villains, sympathetic everymen, complex leaders or hapless heroes, Ernest Borgnine has brought a boundless energy which, at 93, is still a hallmark of his remarkably busy life and career."
"It is with that same joyous spirit that we salute his impressive body of work and his steadfast generosity."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child