Kanye West Allowed to Skip Mediation With Suge Knight
A judge in Florida has given permission for Kanye West to skip a mediation hearing as part of his ongoing legal battle withSuge Knight - but the rapper will have to take part in the session by phone.
The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005. Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue.
The pair was scheduled to face-off in a mediation meeting on August 26 in a bid to resolve the case, but West's lawyers insisted the rapper was unable to attend due to a long-standing business commitment abroad. A judge at Miami Federal Court has now granted West permission to miss the mediation as long as he takes part by phone.
More Kanye West News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly