Kanye West Allowed to Skip Mediation With Suge Knight
A judge in Florida has given permission for Kanye West to skip a mediation hearing as part of his ongoing legal battle withSuge Knight - but the rapper will have to take part in the session by phone.
The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005. Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue.
The pair was scheduled to face-off in a mediation meeting on August 26 in a bid to resolve the case, but West's lawyers insisted the rapper was unable to attend due to a long-standing business commitment abroad. A judge at Miami Federal Court has now granted West permission to miss the mediation as long as he takes part by phone.
More Kanye West News
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos