Kanye West Allowed to Skip Mediation With Suge Knight
A judge in Florida has given permission for Kanye West to skip a mediation hearing as part of his ongoing legal battle withSuge Knight - but the rapper will have to take part in the session by phone.
The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005. Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue.
The pair was scheduled to face-off in a mediation meeting on August 26 in a bid to resolve the case, but West's lawyers insisted the rapper was unable to attend due to a long-standing business commitment abroad. A judge at Miami Federal Court has now granted West permission to miss the mediation as long as he takes part by phone.
More Kanye West News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer