Kanye West Allowed to Skip Mediation With Suge Knight
A judge in Florida has given permission for Kanye West to skip a mediation hearing as part of his ongoing legal battle withSuge Knight - but the rapper will have to take part in the session by phone.
The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005. Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue.
The pair was scheduled to face-off in a mediation meeting on August 26 in a bid to resolve the case, but West's lawyers insisted the rapper was unable to attend due to a long-standing business commitment abroad. A judge at Miami Federal Court has now granted West permission to miss the mediation as long as he takes part by phone.
More Kanye West News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance