Kanye West Allowed to Skip Mediation With Suge Knight
A judge in Florida has given permission for Kanye West to skip a mediation hearing as part of his ongoing legal battle withSuge Knight - but the rapper will have to take part in the session by phone.
The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005. Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue.
The pair was scheduled to face-off in a mediation meeting on August 26 in a bid to resolve the case, but West's lawyers insisted the rapper was unable to attend due to a long-standing business commitment abroad. A judge at Miami Federal Court has now granted West permission to miss the mediation as long as he takes part by phone.
More Kanye West News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money