Naomi Campbell Faces Hefty Tax Bill
Beleaguered British supermodel Naomi Campbell is facing a hefty tax bill in the U.S. over allegations she owes more that $63,000 in back payments.
Officials at America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS) filed a lien for allegedly unpaid income taxes on July 28, just days before the embattled beauty took the stand to testify at a war crimes trial in The Hague, Netherlands.
The lien, filed in New York City, is for $63,487 in delinquent federal taxes dating back to 2009, according to the Detroit News.
Campbell has been in the spotlight in recent weeks after she was called to testify at the trial of former Liberian president Charles Taylor on August 5 over allegations she accepted a 'blood diamond' from him after a dinner party in South Africa in 1997.
More Naomi Campbell News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance