Girls Aloud Will Reunite at the End of This Year, Nicola Roberts Says
Nicola Roberts has reassured Girls Aloud fans the five-piece will reunite later this year, amid fervent speculation their ongoing hiatus will become permanent. The U.K.'s biggest girl group has taken a 12-month break to concentrate on individual projects, but the singers have been dogged by split rumors after they extended their time away from the band.
However, Roberts is adamant they are all planning to reform soon. She tells British morning show GMTV, "Well we're still all on our little break so we're all doing our own thing. Our break hasn't been up yet - we were supposed to have a year off so at the end of the year we'll start to regroup and talk about the future plans. But at the moment we're all dabbling in different things."
Roberts also addressed reports that bandmember Nadine Coyle, who is about to embark on a solo career, has decided to quit the line-up. She adds, "I think (the rumors are) one of those things that as a band we've always had from day one and at the moment it seems to be very prominent. We were in the band a day and we had a press conference and they asked when Nadine was leaving the band. I think it's very deflating for the fans but we tend to not take it on board too much."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week