Michael Douglas Scraps Hong Kong Trip After Cancer Diagnosis
"Wall Street" star Michael Douglas has pulled out of a planned appearance at a brokerage convention in Hong Kong next month following his cancer diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
He is expected to make a full recovery but has axed an upcoming trip to speak to businessmen at an investor event held by CLSA, Asia's leading investment group, in Hong Kong. A spokesperson for the company tells AFP, "It has been confirmed that he canceled his trip to Hong Kong and will not be speaking at our investor forum."
The Hollywood legend won a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of greedy banker Gordon Gekko in the classic 1987 movie.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio