Michael Douglas Scraps Hong Kong Trip After Cancer Diagnosis
"Wall Street" star Michael Douglas has pulled out of a planned appearance at a brokerage convention in Hong Kong next month following his cancer diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
He is expected to make a full recovery but has axed an upcoming trip to speak to businessmen at an investor event held by CLSA, Asia's leading investment group, in Hong Kong. A spokesperson for the company tells AFP, "It has been confirmed that he canceled his trip to Hong Kong and will not be speaking at our investor forum."
The Hollywood legend won a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of greedy banker Gordon Gekko in the classic 1987 movie.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...