Michael Douglas Scraps Hong Kong Trip After Cancer Diagnosis
"Wall Street" star Michael Douglas has pulled out of a planned appearance at a brokerage convention in Hong Kong next month following his cancer diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
He is expected to make a full recovery but has axed an upcoming trip to speak to businessmen at an investor event held by CLSA, Asia's leading investment group, in Hong Kong. A spokesperson for the company tells AFP, "It has been confirmed that he canceled his trip to Hong Kong and will not be speaking at our investor forum."
The Hollywood legend won a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of greedy banker Gordon Gekko in the classic 1987 movie.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton