Michael Douglas Scraps Hong Kong Trip After Cancer Diagnosis
"Wall Street" star Michael Douglas has pulled out of a planned appearance at a brokerage convention in Hong Kong next month following his cancer diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
He is expected to make a full recovery but has axed an upcoming trip to speak to businessmen at an investor event held by CLSA, Asia's leading investment group, in Hong Kong. A spokesperson for the company tells AFP, "It has been confirmed that he canceled his trip to Hong Kong and will not be speaking at our investor forum."
The Hollywood legend won a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of greedy banker Gordon Gekko in the classic 1987 movie.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off