Michael Douglas Scraps Hong Kong Trip After Cancer Diagnosis
"Wall Street" star Michael Douglas has pulled out of a planned appearance at a brokerage convention in Hong Kong next month following his cancer diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy sessions after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
He is expected to make a full recovery but has axed an upcoming trip to speak to businessmen at an investor event held by CLSA, Asia's leading investment group, in Hong Kong. A spokesperson for the company tells AFP, "It has been confirmed that he canceled his trip to Hong Kong and will not be speaking at our investor forum."
The Hollywood legend won a Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of greedy banker Gordon Gekko in the classic 1987 movie.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered