Andy Burrows Suggested to Change Band's Name by Chris Martin
Former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows was forced to change the name of his new band after Coldplay star Chris Martin branded the eponymous title boring. The percussionist and song writer left Razorlight in 2009 - blaming "personal reasons" for his departure.
He subsequently organized a new musical ensemble, and was planning on naming the group after himself. But following a night out with Martin, he decided to put more thought into the band's name.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I was in a pub with Chris and I told him I was doing my own thing. He asked what I was going to call it. So I said, 'My name, Andy Burrows'. But he said bluntly: 'That's c**p, you can't do that, nobody would be interested'." He further shares, "I was never any good at band names as a kid and it was absolutely no different as a grown-up, sat next to Chris telling me my ideas were crap."
And Burrows admits finding the right name didn't come easy - he tried out several before sticking with I Am Arrows. He adds, "I wanted to name it after a film called 'Kingshot' - that proved unpopular - then Bandy Arrows."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism