Andy Burrows Suggested to Change Band's Name by Chris Martin
Former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows was forced to change the name of his new band after Coldplay star Chris Martin branded the eponymous title boring. The percussionist and song writer left Razorlight in 2009 - blaming "personal reasons" for his departure.
He subsequently organized a new musical ensemble, and was planning on naming the group after himself. But following a night out with Martin, he decided to put more thought into the band's name.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I was in a pub with Chris and I told him I was doing my own thing. He asked what I was going to call it. So I said, 'My name, Andy Burrows'. But he said bluntly: 'That's c**p, you can't do that, nobody would be interested'." He further shares, "I was never any good at band names as a kid and it was absolutely no different as a grown-up, sat next to Chris telling me my ideas were crap."
And Burrows admits finding the right name didn't come easy - he tried out several before sticking with I Am Arrows. He adds, "I wanted to name it after a film called 'Kingshot' - that proved unpopular - then Bandy Arrows."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman