Andy Burrows Suggested to Change Band's Name by Chris Martin
Former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows was forced to change the name of his new band after Coldplay star Chris Martin branded the eponymous title boring. The percussionist and song writer left Razorlight in 2009 - blaming "personal reasons" for his departure.
He subsequently organized a new musical ensemble, and was planning on naming the group after himself. But following a night out with Martin, he decided to put more thought into the band's name.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I was in a pub with Chris and I told him I was doing my own thing. He asked what I was going to call it. So I said, 'My name, Andy Burrows'. But he said bluntly: 'That's c**p, you can't do that, nobody would be interested'." He further shares, "I was never any good at band names as a kid and it was absolutely no different as a grown-up, sat next to Chris telling me my ideas were crap."
And Burrows admits finding the right name didn't come easy - he tried out several before sticking with I Am Arrows. He adds, "I wanted to name it after a film called 'Kingshot' - that proved unpopular - then Bandy Arrows."
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand