Andy Burrows Suggested to Change Band's Name by Chris Martin
Former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows was forced to change the name of his new band after Coldplay star Chris Martin branded the eponymous title boring. The percussionist and song writer left Razorlight in 2009 - blaming "personal reasons" for his departure.
He subsequently organized a new musical ensemble, and was planning on naming the group after himself. But following a night out with Martin, he decided to put more thought into the band's name.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I was in a pub with Chris and I told him I was doing my own thing. He asked what I was going to call it. So I said, 'My name, Andy Burrows'. But he said bluntly: 'That's c**p, you can't do that, nobody would be interested'." He further shares, "I was never any good at band names as a kid and it was absolutely no different as a grown-up, sat next to Chris telling me my ideas were crap."
And Burrows admits finding the right name didn't come easy - he tried out several before sticking with I Am Arrows. He adds, "I wanted to name it after a film called 'Kingshot' - that proved unpopular - then Bandy Arrows."
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert