Falling in Love With Home Region, John Cleese to Settle in Bath
British funnyman John Cleese has returned to the region where he was born - after re-discovering the area upon a trip to meet his girlfriend's parents. The "Monty Python" star was born in the south-west England town of Weston-super-Mare and was educated in nearby Bristol.
And after a visit to neighboring city Bath to meet his new lover Jennifer Wade's mum and dad, he "fell in love" with the place and decided to settle there. He tells Britain's Daily Express, "Everyone I know in London is moving to Bath. I came here in March - my girlfriend Jennifer Wade is a jewelery designer and I came down to meet her parents."
"As I arrived I just fell in love with the place and I was trying to figure out why it felt so good. I realized it's because I was born in Weston and I went to Clifton College. It all feels too familiar when I look out of the window now at the buildings. It feels like where I grew up."
"My parents visited here fairly regularly and I came here once or twice to watch the cricket. I knew the town reasonably well and then I didn't come for a long time (but) for the first time in 44 years, if you can believe this, I don't have a place in London. So I've now moved my 'centre of gravity' here and I can't tell you how happy I am about it. It's such a beautiful city."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage