Falling in Love With Home Region, John Cleese to Settle in Bath
British funnyman John Cleese has returned to the region where he was born - after re-discovering the area upon a trip to meet his girlfriend's parents. The "Monty Python" star was born in the south-west England town of Weston-super-Mare and was educated in nearby Bristol.
And after a visit to neighboring city Bath to meet his new lover Jennifer Wade's mum and dad, he "fell in love" with the place and decided to settle there. He tells Britain's Daily Express, "Everyone I know in London is moving to Bath. I came here in March - my girlfriend Jennifer Wade is a jewelery designer and I came down to meet her parents."
"As I arrived I just fell in love with the place and I was trying to figure out why it felt so good. I realized it's because I was born in Weston and I went to Clifton College. It all feels too familiar when I look out of the window now at the buildings. It feels like where I grew up."
"My parents visited here fairly regularly and I came here once or twice to watch the cricket. I knew the town reasonably well and then I didn't come for a long time (but) for the first time in 44 years, if you can believe this, I don't have a place in London. So I've now moved my 'centre of gravity' here and I can't tell you how happy I am about it. It's such a beautiful city."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes