Sylvester Stallone's Dream of Flying in Vintage Bomber Crushed
Sylvester Stallone's dream of flying in the vintage bomber featured in his new blockbuster "The Expendables" for the film's Los Angeles premiere was dashed when he learned the aircraft had been crushed.
The actor/director was hoping to use the old plane as a prop on the red carpet and he was devastated when he realized the craft had been turned into a heap of rusting metal. Co-star Jason Statham wasn't surprised - because the 60-year-old plane shouldn't really have been in the sky for the film.
He explains, "We found out the plane was barely airworthy... It hadn't been serviced in 30 years. Sly wanted to bring it in for the premiere and we found out it had been crushed into a cube... never to be flown again."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones