Sylvester Stallone's Dream of Flying in Vintage Bomber Crushed
Sylvester Stallone's dream of flying in the vintage bomber featured in his new blockbuster "The Expendables" for the film's Los Angeles premiere was dashed when he learned the aircraft had been crushed.
The actor/director was hoping to use the old plane as a prop on the red carpet and he was devastated when he realized the craft had been turned into a heap of rusting metal. Co-star Jason Statham wasn't surprised - because the 60-year-old plane shouldn't really have been in the sky for the film.
He explains, "We found out the plane was barely airworthy... It hadn't been serviced in 30 years. Sly wanted to bring it in for the premiere and we found out it had been crushed into a cube... never to be flown again."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her