Sylvester Stallone's Dream of Flying in Vintage Bomber Crushed
Sylvester Stallone's dream of flying in the vintage bomber featured in his new blockbuster "The Expendables" for the film's Los Angeles premiere was dashed when he learned the aircraft had been crushed.
The actor/director was hoping to use the old plane as a prop on the red carpet and he was devastated when he realized the craft had been turned into a heap of rusting metal. Co-star Jason Statham wasn't surprised - because the 60-year-old plane shouldn't really have been in the sky for the film.
He explains, "We found out the plane was barely airworthy... It hadn't been serviced in 30 years. Sly wanted to bring it in for the premiere and we found out it had been crushed into a cube... never to be flown again."
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years