Sylvester Stallone's Dream of Flying in Vintage Bomber Crushed
Sylvester Stallone's dream of flying in the vintage bomber featured in his new blockbuster "The Expendables" for the film's Los Angeles premiere was dashed when he learned the aircraft had been crushed.
The actor/director was hoping to use the old plane as a prop on the red carpet and he was devastated when he realized the craft had been turned into a heap of rusting metal. Co-star Jason Statham wasn't surprised - because the 60-year-old plane shouldn't really have been in the sky for the film.
He explains, "We found out the plane was barely airworthy... It hadn't been serviced in 30 years. Sly wanted to bring it in for the premiere and we found out it had been crushed into a cube... never to be flown again."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'