Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go's Gets Comic Book Treatment
The Go Go's star Jane Wiedlin is hoping to turn her new comic book superheroine into a stage musical. The "Rush Hour" singer teamed up with artist Bill Morrison to create Lady Robotika, in which the star's animated likeness is abducted by aliens and turned into a robot.
The first issue of Lady Robotika is already out and a second issue will be released later this year. All six issues of the comic will later be packaged as a graphic novel, which will be accompanied by a CD of music that Wiedlin recorded especially for the project.
And the rocker is now planning a quirky musical about her new comic book character. She tells Spinner.com, "It's ready to fly. I just need somebody who knows how to get musicals made come to me and help me."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7