Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go's Gets Comic Book Treatment
The Go Go's star Jane Wiedlin is hoping to turn her new comic book superheroine into a stage musical. The "Rush Hour" singer teamed up with artist Bill Morrison to create Lady Robotika, in which the star's animated likeness is abducted by aliens and turned into a robot.
The first issue of Lady Robotika is already out and a second issue will be released later this year. All six issues of the comic will later be packaged as a graphic novel, which will be accompanied by a CD of music that Wiedlin recorded especially for the project.
And the rocker is now planning a quirky musical about her new comic book character. She tells Spinner.com, "It's ready to fly. I just need somebody who knows how to get musicals made come to me and help me."
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret