Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go's Gets Comic Book Treatment
The Go Go's star Jane Wiedlin is hoping to turn her new comic book superheroine into a stage musical. The "Rush Hour" singer teamed up with artist Bill Morrison to create Lady Robotika, in which the star's animated likeness is abducted by aliens and turned into a robot.
The first issue of Lady Robotika is already out and a second issue will be released later this year. All six issues of the comic will later be packaged as a graphic novel, which will be accompanied by a CD of music that Wiedlin recorded especially for the project.
And the rocker is now planning a quirky musical about her new comic book character. She tells Spinner.com, "It's ready to fly. I just need somebody who knows how to get musicals made come to me and help me."
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik