Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go's Gets Comic Book Treatment
The Go Go's star Jane Wiedlin is hoping to turn her new comic book superheroine into a stage musical. The "Rush Hour" singer teamed up with artist Bill Morrison to create Lady Robotika, in which the star's animated likeness is abducted by aliens and turned into a robot.
The first issue of Lady Robotika is already out and a second issue will be released later this year. All six issues of the comic will later be packaged as a graphic novel, which will be accompanied by a CD of music that Wiedlin recorded especially for the project.
And the rocker is now planning a quirky musical about her new comic book character. She tells Spinner.com, "It's ready to fly. I just need somebody who knows how to get musicals made come to me and help me."
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary