Jane Wiedlin of The Go Go's Gets Comic Book Treatment
The Go Go's star Jane Wiedlin is hoping to turn her new comic book superheroine into a stage musical. The "Rush Hour" singer teamed up with artist Bill Morrison to create Lady Robotika, in which the star's animated likeness is abducted by aliens and turned into a robot.
The first issue of Lady Robotika is already out and a second issue will be released later this year. All six issues of the comic will later be packaged as a graphic novel, which will be accompanied by a CD of music that Wiedlin recorded especially for the project.
And the rocker is now planning a quirky musical about her new comic book character. She tells Spinner.com, "It's ready to fly. I just need somebody who knows how to get musicals made come to me and help me."
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds