Robert Plant and Alison Krauss to Team Up Again for 'Raising Sand' Follow-Up
Rocker Robert Plant is convinced he and country star Alison Krauss will team up for another record, despite deciding to go their separate ways after recording acclaimed album "Raising Sand" together and touring as a duo. Plant admits he and Krauss did try to record a follow-up but the songs they came up with during a four-day studio session weren't strong enough to warrant a sequel and the pair parted company.
The former Led Zeppelin star says, "We got together and it didn't work... The very nature of 'Raising Sand' was it was accidental, and it was spectacular. Give it four days and you know, and if you haven't got it, go."
"That's exactly what we did, and it worked... (Producer) T Bone (Burnett) had brought the more poignant tracks and I'd brought the more rocky, shambolic things, and there was plenty for Alison to get her teeth into with the lyrical and melodic structure."
"The next time around, the songs weren't quite so evocative... so we looked at each other and we said, 'We'll have to try this later.' But I see her all the time and we will make another record together, I'm sure."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake