Robert Plant and Alison Krauss to Team Up Again for 'Raising Sand' Follow-Up
Rocker Robert Plant is convinced he and country star Alison Krauss will team up for another record, despite deciding to go their separate ways after recording acclaimed album "Raising Sand" together and touring as a duo. Plant admits he and Krauss did try to record a follow-up but the songs they came up with during a four-day studio session weren't strong enough to warrant a sequel and the pair parted company.
The former Led Zeppelin star says, "We got together and it didn't work... The very nature of 'Raising Sand' was it was accidental, and it was spectacular. Give it four days and you know, and if you haven't got it, go."
"That's exactly what we did, and it worked... (Producer) T Bone (Burnett) had brought the more poignant tracks and I'd brought the more rocky, shambolic things, and there was plenty for Alison to get her teeth into with the lyrical and melodic structure."
"The next time around, the songs weren't quite so evocative... so we looked at each other and we said, 'We'll have to try this later.' But I see her all the time and we will make another record together, I'm sure."
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic