Justin Bieber's Twitter Hacker Apologizes for Meddling Into His Life
A Michigan teenager who was forced to change his phone number and close down his Twitter account after Justin Bieber gave fans his contact details has apologized for "meddling" with the pop star's life. Kevin Kristopik insists he never meant to upset the "Baby" singer after obtaining his telephone number from a friend and texting the pop sensation directly.
The stunned star decided to get his own back on the troublemaker by posting Kristopik's number on his Twitter page and urging his 4.5 million followers to get in touch. The pop star wrote, "Everyone call me... or text."
Bieber took the post down within minutes but the damage had been done and Kristopik received a phone bill-busting 30,000 text messages. Speaking to U.S. news channel MSNBC on Tuesday, August 17, Kristopik says, "Most of them (texts) were like, 'Oh my God, Justin, is that really you?' and others were like accusing me of hacking Justin Bieber's Twitter and posting my own number, which is ridiculous."
Kristopik has since canceled his Twitter page and changed his phone number. Asked if he had a direct message for Bieber, the troubled teen added, "I'm sorry for meddling into your life but I also think he took it a little too far overboard by literally giving my number to 4.5 million people."
Kristopik reveals his parents were initially shocked by the online feud, but he admits they've been "pretty cool about it," adding "They're having fun with it."
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip