Justin Bieber's Twitter Hacker Apologizes for Meddling Into His Life
A Michigan teenager who was forced to change his phone number and close down his Twitter account after Justin Bieber gave fans his contact details has apologized for "meddling" with the pop star's life. Kevin Kristopik insists he never meant to upset the "Baby" singer after obtaining his telephone number from a friend and texting the pop sensation directly.
The stunned star decided to get his own back on the troublemaker by posting Kristopik's number on his Twitter page and urging his 4.5 million followers to get in touch. The pop star wrote, "Everyone call me... or text."
Bieber took the post down within minutes but the damage had been done and Kristopik received a phone bill-busting 30,000 text messages. Speaking to U.S. news channel MSNBC on Tuesday, August 17, Kristopik says, "Most of them (texts) were like, 'Oh my God, Justin, is that really you?' and others were like accusing me of hacking Justin Bieber's Twitter and posting my own number, which is ridiculous."
Kristopik has since canceled his Twitter page and changed his phone number. Asked if he had a direct message for Bieber, the troubled teen added, "I'm sorry for meddling into your life but I also think he took it a little too far overboard by literally giving my number to 4.5 million people."
Kristopik reveals his parents were initially shocked by the online feud, but he admits they've been "pretty cool about it," adding "They're having fun with it."
More Justin Bieber News
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Bring Her Life Story to Broadway Musical Stage