Tiger Woods Cleared Out From Paternity Case
Tiger Woods is breathing a sigh of relief after a Florida judge dismissed a paternity case filed against the shamed golfer by porn star Devon James. The adult movie actress, real name Melinda Brinling, alleged Woods was the father of her nine-year-old son Austin after reportedly having a fling with the sportsman in 2001.
She went public with the sensational claims earlier this year, in the aftermath of Woods' 2009 cheating scandal, and demanded the golf star take a DNA test. But James faced a court challenge when Woods' lawyers questioned the legitimacy of the bid after it was revealed a man named Pele Watkins had already been named as her son's dad in 2002.
The confusing case took another turn in July when legal documents surfaced alleging Watkins had refused to take a DNA test - and, hence, was never officially named as the father. Woods' case went before a judge in Manatee County, Florida on Tuesday, August 17 and was promptly tossed out when James failed to show up for the hearing, reports TMZ.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood