Tiger Woods Cleared Out From Paternity Case
Tiger Woods is breathing a sigh of relief after a Florida judge dismissed a paternity case filed against the shamed golfer by porn star Devon James. The adult movie actress, real name Melinda Brinling, alleged Woods was the father of her nine-year-old son Austin after reportedly having a fling with the sportsman in 2001.
She went public with the sensational claims earlier this year, in the aftermath of Woods' 2009 cheating scandal, and demanded the golf star take a DNA test. But James faced a court challenge when Woods' lawyers questioned the legitimacy of the bid after it was revealed a man named Pele Watkins had already been named as her son's dad in 2002.
The confusing case took another turn in July when legal documents surfaced alleging Watkins had refused to take a DNA test - and, hence, was never officially named as the father. Woods' case went before a judge in Manatee County, Florida on Tuesday, August 17 and was promptly tossed out when James failed to show up for the hearing, reports TMZ.
More Tiger Woods News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'