Erykah Badu Gets Probation Term for Stripping Naked in Music Video Shoot
Soul star Erykah Badu has been handed six months probation and fined $500 (330 pound sterling) after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during a controversial video shoot. The "Bag Lady" hitmaker performed a full striptease in front of stunned strangers as she walked along Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The stunt, which took place in March, was filmed for her Window Seat promo.
But Badu was charged with disorderly conduct after a female witness complained to cops about the singer's actions. She pleaded not guilty to the count in April, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but the star was convicted in court last week.
Badu settled the fine on Friday, August 13, according to Dallas city spokesman Frank Librio.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen