Erykah Badu Gets Probation Term for Stripping Naked in Music Video Shoot
Soul star Erykah Badu has been handed six months probation and fined $500 (330 pound sterling) after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during a controversial video shoot. The "Bag Lady" hitmaker performed a full striptease in front of stunned strangers as she walked along Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The stunt, which took place in March, was filmed for her Window Seat promo.
But Badu was charged with disorderly conduct after a female witness complained to cops about the singer's actions. She pleaded not guilty to the count in April, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but the star was convicted in court last week.
Badu settled the fine on Friday, August 13, according to Dallas city spokesman Frank Librio.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage