Erykah Badu Gets Probation Term for Stripping Naked in Music Video Shoot
Soul star Erykah Badu has been handed six months probation and fined $500 (330 pound sterling) after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during a controversial video shoot. The "Bag Lady" hitmaker performed a full striptease in front of stunned strangers as she walked along Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The stunt, which took place in March, was filmed for her Window Seat promo.
But Badu was charged with disorderly conduct after a female witness complained to cops about the singer's actions. She pleaded not guilty to the count in April, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but the star was convicted in court last week.
Badu settled the fine on Friday, August 13, according to Dallas city spokesman Frank Librio.
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces