Erykah Badu Gets Probation Term for Stripping Naked in Music Video Shoot
Soul star Erykah Badu has been handed six months probation and fined $500 (330 pound sterling) after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during a controversial video shoot. The "Bag Lady" hitmaker performed a full striptease in front of stunned strangers as she walked along Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The stunt, which took place in March, was filmed for her Window Seat promo.
But Badu was charged with disorderly conduct after a female witness complained to cops about the singer's actions. She pleaded not guilty to the count in April, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but the star was convicted in court last week.
Badu settled the fine on Friday, August 13, according to Dallas city spokesman Frank Librio.
More Erykah Badu News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist