Erykah Badu Gets Probation Term for Stripping Naked in Music Video Shoot
Soul star Erykah Badu has been handed six months probation and fined $500 (330 pound sterling) after she was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct for stripping in public during a controversial video shoot. The "Bag Lady" hitmaker performed a full striptease in front of stunned strangers as she walked along Dealey Plaza, a tourist hotspot in Dallas, Texas where former U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The stunt, which took place in March, was filmed for her Window Seat promo.
But Badu was charged with disorderly conduct after a female witness complained to cops about the singer's actions. She pleaded not guilty to the count in April, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but the star was convicted in court last week.
Badu settled the fine on Friday, August 13, according to Dallas city spokesman Frank Librio.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign