Dolph Lundgren Plans to Direct Human Trafficking Film
Dolph Lundgren is planning to step behind the camera for his next movie project - the action man is hoping to direct a new film on the serious subject of human trafficking. The Swedish tough guy is enjoying a career revival with his role in Sylvester Stallone's summer blockbuster "The Expendables".
And Lundgren is hoping his time in the spotlight will help him get his own movie off the ground - he has written a script for a picture called "Skin Trade" and is hoping to direct and co-star in the feature. He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I'm writing a couple of scripts. There's one I'm trying to finish up called 'Skin Trade'; it's about human trafficking. Hopefully, I'll try to get a more famous actor as the lead, and I'd direct it and play the co-lead. Hopefully, I can get a bigger budget..."
And Lundgren is also hoping to make the transition from action movies to period dramas: "I'm trying to do something in Sweden, about Sweden or set in Sweden. Maybe a period piece. I kind of think I belong in the past - on screen, that is. I haven't done a period piece, and I think it will be fun."
"I think as a director, what is difficult if you do action movies is to make the transition to dramas. One way to do it, and guys more accomplished than me like (Mel) Gibson and (Kevin) Costner have done, is to do a period piece. You have enough guys getting killed, so it's easy enough to get financed, but you can make it upscale and a drama. They're usually about real events."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby