Tweeting May Have Caused Death of Heidi Montag's Plastic Surgeon
The plastic surgeon who famously transformed Heidi Montag with 10 cosmetic procedures in one day has been killed in a car crash. Dr. Frank Ryan, who worked in Beverly Hills, died on Monday, August 16 after his jeep crashed down a cliff off California's Pacific Coast Highway. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to TMZ.com.
Ryan hit headlines earlier this year after he performed multiple operations on "The Hills" star, giving her a complete make-over in just 24 hours. Montag underwent surgery on her nose, cheekbones and chin, as well as enduring an eyebrow lift and breast enlargement, among other procedures. Ryan also boasted other famous patients including Gene Simmons and Vince Neil.
In a new development, Ryan's ex-girlfriend said the doctor was using his phone shortly before the accident. Charmaine Blake said, "He lived up in Malibu on a tiny street and he was texting while driving and he accidentally went over the cliff." Investigators informed his family that Ryan was tweeting before the crash but CHP Officer Steven Reid said, "It is one of the elements that we are investigating."
More Heidi Montag News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them