Green Day and Slash to Perform at New York Jets Opener
Green Day and Slash will help American football team the New York Jets christen the new Meadowlands stadium next month, on September 13 by performing at the home squad's big game against the Baltimore Ravens.
Green Day will hit the arena with the cast of the "American Idiot" musical at half-time, performing "Last of the American Girls", while Slash will perform with The Pussycat Dolls leader Nicole Scherzinger before the kick-off. Scherzinger is also slated to sing the national anthem.
According to NJ, the game will be the second regular-season football game at New Meadowlands Stadium. The first, the Giants vs. the Carolina Panthers, is scheduled for September 12.
The song which will be performed by Green Day, "Last of the American Girls", is a track from their 2008 album, "21st Century Breakdown" which is featured in the "American Idiot" musical.
More Green Day News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off