Green Day and Slash to Perform at New York Jets Opener
Green Day and Slash will help American football team the New York Jets christen the new Meadowlands stadium next month, on September 13 by performing at the home squad's big game against the Baltimore Ravens.
Green Day will hit the arena with the cast of the "American Idiot" musical at half-time, performing "Last of the American Girls", while Slash will perform with The Pussycat Dolls leader Nicole Scherzinger before the kick-off. Scherzinger is also slated to sing the national anthem.
According to NJ, the game will be the second regular-season football game at New Meadowlands Stadium. The first, the Giants vs. the Carolina Panthers, is scheduled for September 12.
The song which will be performed by Green Day, "Last of the American Girls", is a track from their 2008 album, "21st Century Breakdown" which is featured in the "American Idiot" musical.
More Green Day News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie