Bono Smoking Again During Back Surgery Recovery
U2 rocker Bono was left frustrated with his lack of willpower while recovering from emergency back surgery earlier this year - he took up smoking again to deal with his boredom. The Irish band had to postpone the North American trek of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival in June after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
He returned to the stage in early August for a gig in Italy. But the rocker, who has smoked on-and-off throughout his life, admits he lit up again while he was in bed recovering. He tells Britain's The Sun, "One of the things you can do when you're lying down like that is to write, so I wrote."
"Lying motionless I also had time to think about the future, because I never think about the past. The other thing I did was to eat ice cream and I also started smoking again."
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian