Bono Smoking Again During Back Surgery Recovery
U2 rocker Bono was left frustrated with his lack of willpower while recovering from emergency back surgery earlier this year - he took up smoking again to deal with his boredom. The Irish band had to postpone the North American trek of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival in June after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
He returned to the stage in early August for a gig in Italy. But the rocker, who has smoked on-and-off throughout his life, admits he lit up again while he was in bed recovering. He tells Britain's The Sun, "One of the things you can do when you're lying down like that is to write, so I wrote."
"Lying motionless I also had time to think about the future, because I never think about the past. The other thing I did was to eat ice cream and I also started smoking again."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?