Fantasia Barrino Thanks Fans for Giving Her Motivation to Get Back to Work
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has spoken out for the first time since her drugs overdose, thanking fans for supporting her through a "challenging time". The "American Idol" star was hospitalized for an overdose earlier this month after she became entangled in divorce proceedings between North Carolina couple Antwaun Cook and his estranged wife Paula.
She is now facing legal action from her love rival under a North Carolina law which allows a victim of adultery to sue for alienation of affection and criminal conversation. But despite her troubles, Barrino has told fans she appreciates them sticking by her and she wants to start afresh and concentrate on boosting her music career ahead of the release of her upcoming album "Back to Me".
In a statement, she says, "I can't thank my fans enough for their prayers and support during such a challenging time. It has given me the motivation to get back to work and honor the commitments I made to promote 'Back to Me'. I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this album and I pray that everyone enjoys it as much as I do."
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video