Fantasia Barrino Thanks Fans for Giving Her Motivation to Get Back to Work
R&B singer Fantasia Barrino has spoken out for the first time since her drugs overdose, thanking fans for supporting her through a "challenging time". The "American Idol" star was hospitalized for an overdose earlier this month after she became entangled in divorce proceedings between North Carolina couple Antwaun Cook and his estranged wife Paula.
She is now facing legal action from her love rival under a North Carolina law which allows a victim of adultery to sue for alienation of affection and criminal conversation. But despite her troubles, Barrino has told fans she appreciates them sticking by her and she wants to start afresh and concentrate on boosting her music career ahead of the release of her upcoming album "Back to Me".
In a statement, she says, "I can't thank my fans enough for their prayers and support during such a challenging time. It has given me the motivation to get back to work and honor the commitments I made to promote 'Back to Me'. I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this album and I pray that everyone enjoys it as much as I do."
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image