Refusing to Lose to Jet Li, Jean-Claude Van Damme Turned Down 'The Expendables' Offer
Jean-Claude Van Damme refused to appear in Sylvester Stallone's all-star action film "The Expendables", because he would have to lose a fight to Jet Li. Stallone corralled a hitlist of Hollywood hard men to appear in the film, but "Universal Soldier" star Van Damme turned him down, because the Belgian martial arts expert failed to get the movie's satirical undertones.
Stallone tells Britain's Sunday Times, "I wanted to set Jean-Claude against Jet Li, but he didn't want to lose to Jet. He didn't think that was cool. But that's why it would be cool; to have Jean-Claude beaten by the other man. Hey, they could have a rematch. But Steven Seagal and Van Damme, they weren't really into our gallows humor."
Van Damme may well be regretting his decision to star alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Li, Dolph Lundgren and Mickey Rourke in "The Expendables" - the movie shot to number one in America at the weekend, August 15.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby