Kristen Bell to Be Ballerina's Fierce Mother in 'Dance of the Mirlitons'
Kristen Bell is bringing another dance film to the big screen ahead of her debut in "Burlesque" - the actress is set to star in upcoming independent comedy "Dance of the Mirlitons". The "Heroes" actress has signed on to the Evan Greenberg film, about an ambitious, slightly overweight ballerina with an overbearing mother, played by Bell.
The part of Bell's daughter has yet to be cast. Producer Dubiecki tells the Hollywood Reporter, "Kristen's combination of comedic timing and authenticity will bring this character to the next level, and give this crossover appeal."
Bell will show off her dance skills in November, as the rival to Christina Aguilera's dancer character in movie musical "Burlesque".
Shooting on Mirlitons is scheduled to begin this winter.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'