Kristen Bell to Be Ballerina's Fierce Mother in 'Dance of the Mirlitons'
Kristen Bell is bringing another dance film to the big screen ahead of her debut in "Burlesque" - the actress is set to star in upcoming independent comedy "Dance of the Mirlitons". The "Heroes" actress has signed on to the Evan Greenberg film, about an ambitious, slightly overweight ballerina with an overbearing mother, played by Bell.
The part of Bell's daughter has yet to be cast. Producer Dubiecki tells the Hollywood Reporter, "Kristen's combination of comedic timing and authenticity will bring this character to the next level, and give this crossover appeal."
Bell will show off her dance skills in November, as the rival to Christina Aguilera's dancer character in movie musical "Burlesque".
Shooting on Mirlitons is scheduled to begin this winter.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly