Kristen Bell to Be Ballerina's Fierce Mother in 'Dance of the Mirlitons'
Kristen Bell is bringing another dance film to the big screen ahead of her debut in "Burlesque" - the actress is set to star in upcoming independent comedy "Dance of the Mirlitons". The "Heroes" actress has signed on to the Evan Greenberg film, about an ambitious, slightly overweight ballerina with an overbearing mother, played by Bell.
The part of Bell's daughter has yet to be cast. Producer Dubiecki tells the Hollywood Reporter, "Kristen's combination of comedic timing and authenticity will bring this character to the next level, and give this crossover appeal."
Bell will show off her dance skills in November, as the rival to Christina Aguilera's dancer character in movie musical "Burlesque".
Shooting on Mirlitons is scheduled to begin this winter.
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker
- Nicole Kidman, Steve Carell and Amy Schumer Will Star in 'She Came to Me'